Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jun 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Loads and loads of cars in the line tonight.im not sure exactly what we have, have just gotten to villa about 40 mins ago, and have been up 24 hours. Will fill in tomorrow. I'd say it's defo a standard (much bigger than intermediates we've gotten before)but nothing on keyring/window to say
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Batman1 View Post
Just for info, there are no stickers or markings anywhere on the car or keyfob to indicate which class our dodge journey should be from.
Only stickers with the reg number, both on the windscreen and key.
Originally Posted by Hootietootie View Post
Loads and loads of cars in the line tonight.im not sure exactly what we have, have just gotten to villa about 40 mins ago, and have been up 24 hours. Will fill in tomorrow. I'd say it's defo a standard (much bigger than intermediates we've gotten before)but nothing on keyring/window to say

Most peculiar. I know the key fobs can get a bit tatty due to all the use they get but I don't think I have ever had a car without the 4 letter Acriss code on the barcode or key fob.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Most peculiar. I know the key fobs can get a bit tatty due to all the use they get but I don't think I have ever had a car without the 4 letter Acriss code on the barcode or key fob.
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong code. It did have SRED but then he decided he liked a different car instead. I was looking for SFAR/IFAR or something like that.

When I find the keys I'll take a photo. I'm not sure where they are-it's a big villa and everyone asleep.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandwevans
I want to go now!

This is making me nervous about my STD SUV booking

We are travelling into Sanford in three weeks - have a STD SUV booked - anyone know if the experience at Sanford is better than MCO?
Sandwevans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Ford Explorer is Standard SUV - according to Alamo

Not that it matters when you are faced with Alamo staff in the garage who tell you it isn't and won't budge.
But, according to the reply I got from Alamo Customer Support, the Ford Explorer is a Standard SUV (SFAR)…

"Yes the explorer is considered a standard class SUV (SFAR). Some comparable models in the fleet would be the Equinox, Grand Cherokee and the Highlander. Thank you for your rental and we will see you in July! Chris M"

I'll brandish my printed tweet reply when I ask for an Explorer, I'm sure it will make a difference
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Sandwevans View Post
We are travelling into Sanford in three weeks - have a STD SUV booked - anyone know if the experience at Sanford is better than MCO?
Haven't seem many negative comments about Sanford.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

It was four years ago but we had a very good experience in Sanford. Booked a Standard Car and got a Standard SUV. Very quickly processed through too as the airport is so quiet and compact.
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

Arrived yesterday and the row had maybe 7 SUVs at the most, I don't think any of them were 'Standard' size though.

To make up the rest of the row there were another 5 or so Grand Caravand (all silver and none with Florida plates interestingly enough of varying spec's but thry are looked alike inside and had power doors, start with the key etc..).

We took one of the vans which works for us with the twins and their double pram anyway, second year we have booked this class and got one of these (would have preferred a white one).
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

This is our key ring. It’s a Toyota Highlander with 11000km on the clock. Only 3 of us but it’s massive compared to what we’ve had before as intermediate. Himself says it was all dodges and chevys and one mistsubishi outlander. Wondering is this the number. The Mitsubishi had SRED on it

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Trim levels . Will save thisThanks

Originally Posted by whelley wigan View Post
The reason I asked about the Santa Fe XL is that its bigger than the standard Santa Fe. I'm a bit sad when it comes to cars, I prep a list like this to tell me the sizes and trim levels. The examples below seem to be the most common cars currently in the standard line at SFB and MCO. NB There's a comparison tool at cars.com:

*Seats folded refers to the third rows of seats. The Santa Fe doesn't have a third row.

The Dibbs been a brilliant resource for us, hope this helps someone!
Trim levels will save this
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List