Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Is this from Manchester? We are on the return flight so not looking good! We have had no email communication from them. I called them and was told as we hadn’t had an email our carrier hadn’t changed when I pushed her to check... oh yes it has changed must be a glitch... not happy
Infact if it wasn’t for the dibb I’d know nothing about it.
That is disgustingly rude on their part, I flew with TC to NY a few months ago and they were great, we are due to fly with them again in august. I am now really worried as it does not seem like this is a minor issue or likely to be resolved soon. One thing is sure though - they are not prepared to give people adequate notice or a chance to make any changes for themselves!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

glad we got out and swapped too virgin
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

So has this plane been hired in to replace a TC plane in maintenance.
Or is it likely to be a regular part of the fleet.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Your tickets are to get you from the UK to the USA, I’m sure that the T&Cs allows for aircraft changes, which is what happened, they have offered some comp for the lack of IFE.

This happens with all airlines as their core fleet require maintenance now and then. Airlines such as Wamos fill the need for replacement aircraft to these airlines. Contrary to many folks beliefs Airlines do not have spare planes sitting around. At a cost of between $240 million to $265million for one Airbus A330 it just wouldn’t make financial sense.
The only way to pay for these planes is to keep them in the air. An aircraft sitting on the ground makes no money, hence they try to turnaround ASAP, but in Orlando they are often affected by afternoon thunderstorms which cause delays, as no fuelling or staff working on the ramp can happen during these storms.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
Why, you think virgin don’t get technical issues with their planes? I’m not sure how a flight for November with Thomas Cook is going to be effected by a maintenance issue this coming week?

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Why, you think virgin don’t get technical issues with their planes? I’m not sure how a flight for November with Thomas Cook is going to be effected by a maintenance issue this coming week?
Probably our longest delay was with virgin. We had to wait 6 hours whilst they flew in a part from gatwick. We received £10 food vouchers whilst waiting. We have also been delayed with ba and monarch back in the day. Even easy jet turned our flight back in bad weather. Admittedly it was to the iIOM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
All Airlines have their own problems.. our TUI flight to Cyprus got cancelled in June last year and we flew out the next day (had to stay in a hotel for the night) in comparison a flight with no IFE is not a big deal.. as long as the plane is safe, and isn't delayed.. then all is good.. take your own entertainment.. iPad/kindle/books etc..

I still flew with Tui to Cyprus this year and all was fine..
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
According to the person I spoke to in operations at TC the plane will be out of action for 6 months or longer. Now this may not be gospel truth but I was told it is going to affect flights for months to come and people will be getting letters if their booking is further out, they are emailing people now due to the short notice they are able to give. They also mentioned that TC are trying to source a plane that is a closer replacement for the one that is out of action, but at short notice the wamos was the best there was, lets hope they can find something soon to make people's journeys nicer and the switch less stressful - sorry confident flyers but this is an issue for some people.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
According to the person I spoke to in operations at TC the plane will be out of action for 6 months or longer. Now this may not be gospel truth but I was told it is going to affect flights for months to come and people will be getting letters if their booking is further out, they are emailing people now due to the short notice they are able to give. They also mentioned that TC are trying to source a plane that is a closer replacement for the one that is out of action, but at short notice the wamos was the best there was, lets hope they can find something soon to make people's journeys nicer and the switch less stressful - sorry confident flyers but this is an issue for some people.
i get that totally... But the other poster seemed to think that by swapping to Virgin all will be good, my point, badly put, was that all airlines have technical issues. I have also read that the issues around not only TC leasing other planes is the issue with the Boeing I would be surprised if a commercial airline is out for 6 months... but then again I no diddly squat about aeroplanes.. tin cans that get me to a destination
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i dont tinkerbell at all but it seams that tc are always swapping aircraft these days way to much for comfort they seam to be having a heck of a lot of delays way more than is comfortable and the way people are reporting the staff on the phones are been does not bode well at all for tc im sorry i did not mean to sound glibb my bad but i hope the people waiting to come home today are kept informed but thats not been happening good job the folk out there have the dibb to rely on
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List