Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Weren't you seen by an Immigration Officer who allowed you entry into the USA and stamped your passport?

Mick
Yes obviously. But I only answer the questions I am asked and I believe I was asked how long and where I would be staying. I do not see why I would need to do anything other than answer the questions asked of me or otherwise follow instructions. I was not asked about teabags and received no instructions to declare my teabags.

Perhaps these queues would go quicker if people didn’t engage in needless chat about teabags with immigration officials.

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes obviously. But I only answer the questions I am asked and I believe I was asked how long and where I would be staying. I do not see why I would need to do anything other than answer the questions asked of me or otherwise follow instructions. I was not asked about teabags and received no instructions to declare my teabags.

Perhaps these queues would go quicker if people didn’t engage in needless chat about teabags with immigration officials.
If you aren't asked then you can't answer and now that nobody seems to be given customs forms there's no way of declaring otherwise. Haven't even seen a separate customs officer in the last 5 or 6 trips.

I guess that they rely on those cute little beagles with "do not pet" coats on and can smell an apple core at 50 yards.

Mick
Old 31 May 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you're going via MCO you'll be pleased to know that the automatic kiosks have gone. They'd gone by last November and still gone last month.

The officer may still ask if you have food though

Mick
Thankyou, I didn’t know this. We flew to Tampa last year and they had them but we will be doing Immigration at JFK this time. I may still bring my teabags after all (can’t beat Yorkshire Tea) 😋
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Thankyou, I didn’t know this. We flew to Tampa last year and they had them but we will be doing Immigration at JFK this time. I may still bring my teabags after all (can’t beat Yorkshire Tea) 😋
We chatted to a friendly immigration officer last November at MCO who confirmed what we all thought anyway - a complete waste of time and money.

I guess we used them 5 or 6 times. Always got a black cross for declaring food but there were other reasons for the cross. Everyone still had to see the officer, cross or not, because the machines didn't stamp your passport or even permit entry.

The link to "automated kiosks" has also been removed from the MCO website.

Mick
Old 31 May 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We chatted to a friendly immigration officer last November at MCO who confirmed what we all thought anyway - a complete waste of time and money.

I guess we used them 5 or 6 times. Always got a black cross for declaring food but there were other reasons for the cross. Everyone still had to see the officer, cross or not, because the machines didn't stamp your passport or even permit entry.

The link to "automated kiosks" has also been removed from the MCO website.

Mick
Thanks- yes a complete waste of time. Good riddance to them👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We now don’t take anything , secondary stop after collecting our luggage puts me off now

Only thing we use that we have here and need is weetabix , coffee and decaf tea bags which we buy in publix

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bashfulwhite
Getting Excited

Mobile

Last year due to dds health reasons I took cereal bars, diluting juice for her medicine and some plain crackers. I declared them and there were no issues or delays.
Bashfulwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile Hold or hand?

When taking food to states and it might be investigated is it easier to put it in hand luggage or hold?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
When taking food to states and it might be investigated is it easier to put it in hand luggage or hold?
Last time we were at MCO the guy you declare it to was after you've collected your hold luggage anyway so doesn't really matter - we always put in the hold as boxes of cereal etc take up too much space in hand luggage. Just make sure it is all in the one case and you know which one just in case it has to be scanned.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Last time we were at MCO the guy you declare it to was after you've collected your hold luggage anyway so doesn't really matter - we always put in the hold as boxes of cereal etc take up too much space in hand luggage. Just make sure it is all in the one case and you know which one just in case it has to be scanned.
For maybe the last 4 or 5 trips we've only seen the Immigration Officer and he asks about food. No sign of a separate Customs Officer as there used to be when leaving the baggage hall. No sign of a baggage scanner which used to be alongside the customs officer's little desk.

Mick