Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone else tried the keto diet? I could do with a keto buddy to help me understand it !
Old 31 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Anyone else tried the keto diet? I could do with a keto buddy to help me understand it !
I’m keto. I get all my advice from the keto U.K. group on fb.

The basics are. Your protein intake should be the weight you want to be in kg, use the numbers but grams. For example 60kg is 60g protein.

Fat allowance is double your protein.

Carbs is 20g
Old 31 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Hi all, really pleased with myself today as this week I’ve lost another 4lbs with weight watchers. I’m loving the freedom of being able to eat anything... last week I went out for a carvery one night, had a doner kebab Saturday night, Subway on Tuesday as well as two scoops of Thornton’s ice cream. Ive not had to add any exercise into the mix yet but know I will have to further down the line to keep the weight coming off. Overall 24lbs so far so I’m pleased with that.

Have a good weekend everyone!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Question - just been looking at it and it suggested intermittent fasting for beginners and the writer said he skips breakfast and eats 2 meals 1 at around 1p.m and then the other at 8p.m.
I go to the gym straight from work at 5 - and do hiit cardio (or spinning or metafit) or something, I think I’d pass out if I hadn’t eaten from 1p.m - how do you go on with exercising?
You sound like you’re not eating enough? Not sure what to suggest but surely 11.5 stone at your height isn’t overweight? Xx

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Reviving the thread - intermittent fasting

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Apparently it helps when you fluctuate your daily intake to keep the body guessing like if your body is used to consuming 1000 caps daily it doesn’t get a shock when you go from 2000 one day to 500 the next. It gets complacent at receiving the same caps each day. I’m not sure why you’re not losing but I’d definitely try something else as what you’re doing doesn’t seem to be working. As for exercise I do it in the morning have 500 cals for lunch so skip breakfast and tea. I prefer 1 big meal to 2 small ones but that’s personal preference. I also have a manual job so not a desk job and on my feet all shift.
Want to revive this thread and ask a few questions.

Firstly though I’ve been going to the gym every night after work doing 3 x 10 mins 30:30r cardio and then some weights/core. I’d been feeling frustrated because I do spin/pump/core/metafit and no change but then I had my Boditrax on Tuesday I’ve definitely lost actual weight (I’ve also lost a little muscle) but also I know I’m changing shape as my holiday shorts are too big (not sure if I’m happy about that or not &#128514.
Anyway so I’m buzzing and it’s spurred me on to keep going. I’ve got a programme booked with the guy who gave me this original programme for a bit of a change and a proper weight programme.

But today I found the app with the intermittent fasting on and was looking at the 16:8. I suppose it might be tough initially not having a brew and breakfast before work - and I worry how my concentration would be at work but the thing I thought was I’d have eaten before I workout after work so I’d not feel weak/dizzy or anything. But what about weekends? My plan is to go to the gym tomorrow morning around 9ish - I always need to have a little something about 30 minutes before I go visit otherwise I feel weak and light headed but on this fasting I’d not be eating from 8 tonight until noon tomorrow.
To the people who do intermittent fasting - what about morning workouts?

To others - would you just carry on as I am? Working out usually 5-6 times a week and calorie counting/watching what I eat/having a calorie deficit - and sack off the fasting idea?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Want to revive this thread and ask a few questions.

Firstly though I’ve been going to the gym every night after work doing 3 x 10 mins 30:30r cardio and then some weights/core. I’d been feeling frustrated because I do spin/pump/core/metafit and no change but then I had my Boditrax on Tuesday I’ve definitely lost actual weight (I’ve also lost a little muscle) but also I know I’m changing shape as my holiday shorts are too big (not sure if I’m happy about that or not &#128514.
Anyway so I’m buzzing and it’s spurred me on to keep going. I’ve got a programme booked with the guy who gave me this original programme for a bit of a change and a proper weight programme.

But today I found the app with the intermittent fasting on and was looking at the 16:8. I suppose it might be tough initially not having a brew and breakfast before work - and I worry how my concentration would be at work but the thing I thought was I’d have eaten before I workout after work so I’d not feel weak/dizzy or anything. But what about weekends? My plan is to go to the gym tomorrow morning around 9ish - I always need to have a little something about 30 minutes before I go visit otherwise I feel weak and light headed but on this fasting I’d not be eating from 8 tonight until noon tomorrow.
To the people who do intermittent fasting - what about morning workouts?

To others - would you just carry on as I am? Working out usually 5-6 times a week and calorie counting/watching what I eat/having a calorie deficit - and sack off the fasting idea?
If I were you I'd replace the classes for extra weight sessions. 3-4 weights sessions and 2-3 cardio (1/2 hr intervals/hitt) should be enough together with a calorie deficit to make good progress IF your eating is on point.

Remember you can't out train a bad diet!

Carry on the good work x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
If I were you I'd replace the classes for extra weight sessions. 3-4 weights sessions and 2-3 cardio (1/2 hr intervals/hitt) should be enough together with a calorie deficit to make good progress IF your eating is on point.

Remember you can't out train a bad diet!

Carry on the good work x
Hi Katie
Thanks for your reply.

I don’t do any classes anymore I felt like I was seeing no progress at all and I was doing 2/3 spin classes a week, a metafit class and a core class followed by pump - nothing was changing.

I was given a programme over a year ago but because I was doing those classes I felt like when can I fit it in so I did it the odd time I didn’t fancy a class. Then about 2 months ago I decided to stop doing the classes altogether and do the programme. Every day - 30 mins hiit - originally it was that plus some core but I’ve started to use the weight machines or if the gym is quiet the free weights too.
I think I eat a good diet - I don’t drink I don’t like cakes chocolate sweets. I don’t eat red meat, so to be honest I eat a lot of salad at the moment. I wear a Fitbit so it counts my calories burnt then I input my calories taken in. I admit this bit is not an exact science - but it’s hardly a crime cos when I say that it just means I don’t know exactly how much lettuce or spinach is in my salad so I tend to say “a cup”. Branded things are often listed so I can get the correct calorific value. And I’m working out st about 900 calories a day on average according to my Fitbit.
As I said it clearly is working which has spurred me in to carry on and then some because I’m asking for more weights in my new programme instead of me just guessing.
I just wondered if doing the 16:8 would be a good idea for me - especially this morning. I haven’t eaten anything since 7 last night and I’m planning on a cardio session at 9? Is that a bad idea?
Should I sack the idea of intermittent fasting - or just do it midweek? Then again it worries me how my concentration would be at work if I don’t eat until 12 (I work in credit control and do staying at a screen).

My biggest problem is I get hung up about it. I have a 500 calorie deficit and if I see that I’ve gone over it I resent myself and like yesterday DH took me to Nando’s. I tried to ignore the niggle of “how many calories” but after when I put it in my Fitbit I hadn’t eaten more than I’d burnt but I wasn’t in the deficit and it bothered me! So I didn’t eat for the rest of the day. And I need to stop that.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi Katie
Thanks for your reply.

I don’t do any classes anymore I felt like I was seeing no progress at all and I was doing 2/3 spin classes a week, a metafit class and a core class followed by pump - nothing was changing.

I was given a programme over a year ago but because I was doing those classes I felt like when can I fit it in so I did it the odd time I didn’t fancy a class. Then about 2 months ago I decided to stop doing the classes altogether and do the programme. Every day - 30 mins hiit - originally it was that plus some core but I’ve started to use the weight machines or if the gym is quiet the free weights too.
I think I eat a good diet - I don’t drink I don’t like cakes chocolate sweets. I don’t eat red meat, so to be honest I eat a lot of salad at the moment. I wear a Fitbit so it counts my calories burnt then I input my calories taken in. I admit this bit is not an exact science - but it’s hardly a crime cos when I say that it just means I don’t know exactly how much lettuce or spinach is in my salad so I tend to say “a cup”. Branded things are often listed so I can get the correct calorific value. And I’m working out st about 900 calories a day on average according to my Fitbit.
As I said it clearly is working which has spurred me in to carry on and then some because I’m asking for more weights in my new programme instead of me just guessing.
I just wondered if doing the 16:8 would be a good idea for me - especially this morning. I haven’t eaten anything since 7 last night and I’m planning on a cardio session at 9? Is that a bad idea?
Should I sack the idea of intermittent fasting - or just do it midweek? Then again it worries me how my concentration would be at work if I don’t eat until 12 (I work in credit control and do staying at a screen).

My biggest problem is I get hung up about it. I have a 500 calorie deficit and if I see that I’ve gone over it I resent myself and like yesterday DH took me to Nando’s. I tried to ignore the niggle of “how many calories” but after when I put it in my Fitbit I hadn’t eaten more than I’d burnt but I wasn’t in the deficit and it bothered me! So I didn’t eat for the rest of the day. And I need to stop that.
Tbh. I don't think you're eating enough.

But it depends on your goals. If you want to lose body fat then more weights, less cardio and more food is the answer.

I don't think people need to do any kind of fasted diet if they're training and eating well.

Often an increase in calories (from chicken, white fish, new potatoes, steak, avocado, salmon and greens - no sauces etc) will see amazing results rather than restricting food.

Also. No food is bad. You need to find a balance - 80/20 is good.

Have a look at an ex-pro bodybuilder called Carly Thornton - on insta. She's just put on some fab Posts about finding balance.

👍👍👍👍👍
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Katie
I’m not sure how I’m not eating enough because I wasn’t loosing weight. Surely if I’m doing a cardio workout every day and I have a decent diet I’d lose weight but I didn’t seem to be.
Basically my Fitbit sort of does the maths for me - but I’m going to ask the trainer properly Tuesday when he does my programme.
When I had my last Boditrax it did all my measurements etc and gave me how many calories my body needs just to exist - is that your BMRI? So that gave me a level to work out “zones” - a 500 calorie deficit is supposed to mean you lose weight so then it tells you if you are under/over/in the zone.
So then my calories in/calories out/deficit gives me a hint - then it also gives me an average for the week so yesterday I didn’t exercise tbh I didn’t do a lot at all and I burnt 1697 calories and me inputting my calories were 1238 so I was “in the zone”.
Weekdays I exercise everyday and I burn over 2000 calories and it says I averaged 1158 calories last week (some days it was less than 1000 but one day it was 1300.
I have a small omelette for my breakfast then I have a low cal yoghurt mid morning, salad with cottage cheese or something for dinner, if I snack during the day it’s a banana,nuts etc. Then for tea again I have been having a salad. The Fitbit shows me the carb/fat/protein content so I can see if I am a bit too up on carbs etc.
I have really cut down on carbs - though to be fair I didn’t really eat a lot but I didn’t realise the carb content in some unexpected foods. I’m not a fan of fish and I don’t eat red meat but I think my diet isn’t too bad really.
I just did my cardio workout without having eaten since 7 last night and it went ok. Tbh though I am going to speak to the trainer. As you say I’ve started to notice changes/weight loss with my workout and food so perhaps just carrying on the way I am is the way to go once he adds some changes to my programme.
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

I’m no expert but if you are burning 2000 calories and only eating on average 1100 you are not eating enough food and the reason you aren’t losing weight is because your body is clinging onto calories you are giving it. You need to up your calories to lose weight. Look at Jordan Syatt on youtube he does a great video about calorie deficit.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List