Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Jun 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
wow you are flying through this, those Friendly burgers look beautiful but are they better than the steak n shake garlic burger
Honestly ... I think it's pretty on par with it I know Mr Grump just nearly fell off the sofa when I said that to him they're both amazing but in many different ways. Both are delicious but SnS has the edge for creativity

I'm hoping to get it all finished before the 6 weeks x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. We were also disappointed with ihop but may now give Dennys a go 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am SO sad about your iHOP experience, especially Chris’ meal as his sounds like it should be delicious. And Caitlin’s pancakes are the ones I have my eye on for next time too, I hope we have better luck.

We are big Friendly’s fans; it is such good value. So glad you enjoyed it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Following along. We were also disappointed with ihop but may now give Dennys a go 😊
I'd read so many great reviews we were really looking forward to it, but Dennys was much better! Make sure to sign up before you go for a 20% off coupon x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am SO sad about your iHOP experience, especially Chris’ meal as his sounds like it should be delicious. And Caitlin’s pancakes are the ones I have my eye on for next time too, I hope we have better luck.

We are big Friendly’s fans; it is such good value. So glad you enjoyed it.
After everyone's reviews I'd been bigging it up to Chris and it was such a let down 😕 it may have just been an off day but who knows. We will probably try it again but a different location.

Friendlys is amazing value especially with the 25% off coupon! We all had such a good night this night the atmosphere and everything was great, one of our favourite budget evening meals xx
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to the same Friendlys last year and thought the same thing but dixonsontour recommended it so stuck with it, glad we did really enjoyed the food. The iHop thing looked very unpleasant, I agree I prefer Denny's too.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 05:25 PM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad Friendly’s worked out in the end. We always enjoy it. It is cheap and cheerful but never noticed a smell. The staff are very nice. Never had a burger there usually have chicken melt sandwich. Ihop further up I drive has been poor for us but we had a nice breakfast at the one on kirkman near universal last time.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I've just read through your report and am really enjoying it. All in all it doesn't really seem that you are missing out on anything with your budget. Was there anything you would have done that you didn't because of the price?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
We went to the same Friendlys last year and thought the same thing but dixonsontour recommended it so stuck with it, glad we did really enjoyed the food. The iHop thing looked very unpleasant, I agree I prefer Denny's too.
Phew at least it wasn't just us. We were exactly on the same it was the review that made me persevere so glad we did though as it was lovely! Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad Friendly’s worked out in the end. We always enjoy it. It is cheap and cheerful but never noticed a smell. The staff are very nice. Never had a burger there usually have chicken melt sandwich. Ihop further up I drive has been poor for us but we had a nice breakfast at the one on kirkman near universal last time.
So am I, it was really nice and will definitely be on the list to return next time. I think we may try another IHOP next time but definitely not that one. Thanks for the recommendations Stephanie x

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I've just read through your report and am really enjoying it. All in all it doesn't really seem that you are missing out on anything with your budget. Was there anything you would have done that you didn't because of the price?
Thank you for reading Honestly ... we don't feel like we were at all. I had planned before we went which restaurants we wanted to try but this wasn't based on budget, it was based on tastes. There were one of two we didn't manage to do but that was purely due to timings not budget. I still have no idea how we manage on the budget x
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Enjoying your report,it’s bringing back memories as we were there at the same time as you. We really liked Longhorns too. Can’t wait to read more.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List