Notices

View Poll Results: Do you wear a scarf as routine..
Yes, every day, to brighten up my wardrobe 76 31.80%
Yes for something special 12 5.02%
Only when I go out in the cold 95 39.75%
No, I don’t usually need one. 59 24.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Mar 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

I wear scarves most of the time...

In fact it's a standing joke in our house that I have more scarves than pants!

I have them in varying thickness and size from large woolly types right down to very small fine cotton/chiffon types ... wearing them for brightening up and outfit, for layering, for warmth and sometimes with a thicker jumper and no coat ... find them so versatile ...easy to carry and put on and off ... even take them to Florida

Defo a fan of the scarf!

Xx Ff XX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
I nearly always wear a scarf to brighten up my plain top, jeans, cardigan staple look (replace jeans with skirt/trousers for work look).
I have some heavier cotton ones for colder months and chiffon ones when it’s a bit warmer.
Exactly this
Old 23 Mar 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I really like wearing scarves - but only if it's cold out! I remember wearing them all the time if it was below 15 degrees or so...

The sad thing about living somewhere equatorial now is that I have lovely coats and scarves that I never get to wear anymore, unless I go on holiday to somewhere cold! But my last couple of holiday destinations/seasons weren't cold when I went, so it's been a while since I got to wear them...

Edit to add: I also have a collection of Disney scarves bought from various Disney parks! The best thing is that they are really subtly Disney (lots of hidden Mickeys) and actually looked fairly professional. Really loved wearing them to add a bit of Disney into my daily life...

Edited at 04:21 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

This thread made me add more scarves to my collection today, I didn't have the intention of buying any but went in primarni for some pj's this afternoon and they had some lovely summery snood /infinity scarves... A bargain so couldn't say no lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Well I will wear a scarf indoor if really cold. In winter I rarely leave the house without one.

If I keep my neck and lower back warm I stay warmer than without.

Edited at 11:23 PM.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I love scarves, (summer and winter styles). Ive got loads of them too but the reality is that I hardly ever think to put one on! I think I'm going to have a look through them and wear one today having read this thread!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve got about half a dozen thin scarves that I like to wear to brighten up my wardrobe. They are mostly bought from the fat face sales🤣. I prefer the snood style because they aren’t too tight around my neck😃
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I’ve got about half a dozen thin scarves that I like to wear to brighten up my wardrobe. They are mostly bought from the fat face sales🤣. I prefer the snood style because they aren’t too tight around my neck😃
I'm preferring these snood types too, they tend not to get caught in your zip or hand pit the bottom of yoir jacket too which is good lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Harry Potter scarf for Winter. That’s it. Except that one time I wore a headscarf because I had The Worst Hair Day. Walked around looking like a Russian babushka all day.
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Also great for a wrap in AC always keep a pashmina in the car in Florida after a day in the sun freezing AC in a restaurant really spoils my meal at times also great for a blanket on the plane or covering a
Pillow but that's my issue in hotels
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List