Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Reputable Dubai Jewellers?

I'm looking to purchase some jewellery, more specifically a diamond ring in Dubai later this month and I'm not sure which jewellers are reputable. I'm aware of the Gold & Diamond Mall which is where I plan to go during my visit. I've heard Cara is very good but that's really the only one I've heard of.

Has anyone used any other jewellers while there? If so who and how was your experience?

Thanks!

Edited at 08:35 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

in the Dubai Mall we were very impressed with Mahallati.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

GO to the gold souk. Its fab, loads of choice. I wanted something and they altered jewellery while I waited and couldn't be more helpful. You can haggle too.

we just picked a shop with the item we liked.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
in the Dubai Mall we were very impressed with Mahallati.
Thank you, can I ask if you purchased diamonds? What stood out about that store?
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
GO to the gold souk. Its fab, loads of choice. I wanted something and they altered jewellery while I waited and couldn't be more helpful. You can haggle too.

we just picked a shop with the item we liked.
Thank you!
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Still with the main malls/souks. Depending on what you buy then you should ask for certificates. Do your research as there are still plenty of jewellery bargains (unlike everything else there). Bargain hard too
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Still with the main malls/souks. Depending on what you buy then you should ask for certificates. Do your research as there are still plenty of jewellery bargains (unlike everything else there). Bargain hard too
I’ve been speaking to a couple of jewellers Cara being one of them. They don’t seem that fussed about coming down on price and if they do it’s not by much. Will that change once in the store? Also they want the money upfront before they can order the diamond but I want to physically see it before I buy. Does that sound normal?
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I didn't buy diamonds. I wanted Asian gold pendant and earrings to match.
I didn't want the obviously Asian jewellery (too big for my taste) but also not western (diamonds etc)
I picked earrings and they then found a similar pair and had one of them made into a pendant while I waited. The souks I think own more than one shop and will haggle between themselves. I saw the prices and told them my max and that's what I paid. I do recall getting a receipt detailing gold...

I did very little research though, just knew I wanted to go to the gold souks for my souvenir. I only had a small budget. I loved wandering round the souks. Old dubai was the best bit of the holiday.

If getting custom made or ready made diamond jewellery then yes check you will get the appropriate certificates.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I’ve been speaking to a couple of jewellers Cara being one of them. They don’t seem that fussed about coming down on price and if they do it’s not by much. Will that change once in the store? Also they want the money upfront before they can order the diamond but I want to physically see it before I buy. Does that sound normal?
Definitely not. I wouldn’t buy a stone without seeing it first. I’d also want a certificate, preferably GIA. Research beforehand and set a price in your head. They will negotiate but it may take a while. If you are not happy then walk, there are plenty of places to buy.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Do you know what you are looking for?