Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to pop in with a quick update and say I reached 14lbs, yes 1 stone, weight lost today 🙌🙌🙌

It’s taken 6 weeks and it’s been hard but now I’m even more determined to keep going ... another 17lbs to go.

Edited at 11:25 AM.
Mymemories is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Hi Katie
I’m not sure how I’m not eating enough because I wasn’t loosing weight. Surely if I’m doing a cardio workout every day and I have a decent diet I’d lose weight but I didn’t seem to be.
Basically my Fitbit sort of does the maths for me - but I’m going to ask the trainer properly Tuesday when he does my programme.
When I had my last Boditrax it did all my measurements etc and gave me how many calories my body needs just to exist - is that your BMRI? So that gave me a level to work out “zones” - a 500 calorie deficit is supposed to mean you lose weight so then it tells you if you are under/over/in the zone.
So then my calories in/calories out/deficit gives me a hint - then it also gives me an average for the week so yesterday I didn’t exercise tbh I didn’t do a lot at all and I burnt 1697 calories and me inputting my calories were 1238 so I was “in the zone”.
Weekdays I exercise everyday and I burn over 2000 calories and it says I averaged 1158 calories last week (some days it was less than 1000 but one day it was 1300.
I have a small omelette for my breakfast then I have a low cal yoghurt mid morning, salad with cottage cheese or something for dinner, if I snack during the day it’s a banana,nuts etc. Then for tea again I have been having a salad. The Fitbit shows me the carb/fat/protein content so I can see if I am a bit too up on carbs etc.
I have really cut down on carbs - though to be fair I didn’t really eat a lot but I didn’t realise the carb content in some unexpected foods. I’m not a fan of fish and I don’t eat red meat but I think my diet isn’t too bad really.
I just did my cardio workout without having eaten since 7 last night and it went ok. Tbh though I am going to speak to the trainer. As you say I’ve started to notice changes/weight loss with my workout and food so perhaps just carrying on the way I am is the way to go once he adds some changes to my programme.
Hi
I'm out all day but there are lots of things to reply to do reply properly later.
Trust me. More calories (of the right food) plus weights and LESS cardio is the way forwards.
Not low cal yogurts and salad

Your body is effectively using what you give it to maintain itself - therefore no loss.

It's different for those that have say 3-4 stone to lose and for those that train hard. You need to fuel your body - not starve it.
💖
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Hi
I'm out all day but there are lots of things to reply to do reply properly later.
Trust me. More calories (of the right food) plus weights and LESS cardio is the way forwards.
Not low cal yogurts and salad

Your body is effectively using what you give it to maintain itself - therefore no loss.

It's different for those that have say 3-4 stone to lose and for those that train hard. You need to fuel your body - not starve it.
💖
Thanks for your replies. I’m actually going to speak to my trainer Tuesday. I’m going to show him my Fitbit results and tell him what I’ve been doing and eating and see what he says.
To be honest when he gave me the programme he said if you do this you will shed fat easily and quickly. As I said I wasnt really doing it because I was doing lots of different classes because people were telling me I should “mix it up” and shouldn’t keep doing the same stuff over and over. So I’d be doing spin/metafit/pump and then if I didn’t fancy a class I’d go to the gym and do his workout - so I didn’t see any changes at all. 2 years doing spinning/pump/metafit/core and nothing at all to show for it. So about 2 months ago I decided to sack the classes, do his programme everyday plus a bit of weights and I’ve definately seen a difference. My Boditrax I’ve lost weight, lost fat (sadly also lost a bit of muscle) but I've come out of the “obese” reading and my fat/muscle % has improved and my BMI has come down so it’s clearly all going in the right direction. I have a friend who is very into all the fitness/diet stuff and have started with the 0 fat yoghurt and nuts as snacks as opposed to the fruit I used to eat as i didn’t realise the carbs in there and the fit bit talks about macros and stuff and currently my diet is very balanced - as in the carb/fat/protein ratios.
I don’t eat red meat - mainly because I don’t like it and I don’t like fish really so I mainly eat chicken (if I am going to eat meat) and I eat tuna and my weakness is cheese - but I tend to add cottage cheese to my salad. On my salads I have egg, celery, spinach, tomatoes, and then add cheese/tuna/chicken.
I’m like having a salad for my dinner - I’m not really a sandwich person much and I have a salad or something like that for tea because I’m not really home to eat until around 7 or after so I don’t fancy anything heavy. Sometimes an omelette or if I’m earlier I’ll eat a jacket potato and tuna.
I’m pretty happy with what I’m doing - I’m definitely noticing body changes and a difference in how my clothes fit - I’ve just tried a dress on in next and had to pick a smaller size so I’m happy. I think I was more curious about the fasting because someone said it works well but really what I am doing is working well and in the last 2 months I’ve stuck to it I’ve definitely noticed a difference so I’d it carries on by the time I go to Florida it should be even better.

I think one of my downfalls is trying EVERYTHING. I was speaking to my friend and saying I’m trying this/eating this/looking at this diet etc and she said you need to decide what you are doing and stick to it - e.g low fat/low calorie/low carb? Pick one because I was mixing them all up so that’s why I gave started watching the fit bit and looking at the ratios of carbs fat and protein and thinking as long as I am within the correct ranges I’m doing ok.
So I think maybe this fasting it’s like - STOP! The diet/workout regime has clearly been working. Why now throw in fasting?

Anyway once again thanks for your replies I’ll see what the trainer says x
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Ellelledee you are overloading yourself trying different stuff, I would say that you need to up your protein if you are using weights as you need to maintain your lean tissue mass, my protein whey powder is good for this as you mix it with water and it is not calorie laden. What programme has the trainer given you , also imo if you are training and your food balance is on point WHY try fasting or any other stuff like 5;2 24;9 etc.I would agree with other posters it sounds like you are not eating enough and your body may be going into a starvation mode type of thing where every calorie is a prisoner. The energy needs of the body takes precedence over everything else so if you are training you can afford to eat more because your body needs it just to survive, fad diets are just that, it will be something else tomorrow, herbalife , shakes, slim fast as examples. I remember when potatoes were bad and now they are ok again, same with eggs. Dont get confused , stay focussed, you are doing great.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Ellelledee you are overloading yourself trying different stuff, I would say that you need to up your protein if you are using weights as you need to maintain your lean tissue mass, my protein whey powder is good for this as you mix it with water and it is not calorie laden. What programme has the trainer given you , also imo if you are training and your food balance is on point WHY try fasting or any other stuff like 5;2 24;9 etc.I would agree with other posters it sounds like you are not eating enough and your body may be going into a starvation mode type of thing where every calorie is a prisoner. The energy needs of the body takes precedence over everything else so if you are training you can afford to eat more because your body needs it just to survive, fad diets are just that, it will be something else tomorrow, herbalife , shakes, slim fast as examples. I remember when potatoes were bad and now they are ok again, same with eggs. Dont get confused , stay focussed, you are doing great.
Thank you. This is what my friend said that I need to stick one thing - be it low carb or low fat or calorie counting etc.
I just wondered re the fasting but really I need to think that clearly what I have been doing - the programme and eating healthier has given results so why not carry on with that. It’s a hiit programme given by one of the trainers at my gym - initially it was 30 minutes hiit with a core set though tbh I don’t often do the core set I mix it up with using the weight machines - on Tuesday he is going to give me some different hiit options and some weight sets. I will speak to him re the calories/diet and ask his opinion.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List