Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 May 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Standard car but choosing a Full size with Alamo .

What's to stop you just walking to the next class up row & selecting one?

Would you get charged on exit? If there are non of your class & the attendant waves you to the next class up, do they sign your paperwork informing the exit barrier attendant.

Edited at 09:12 PM.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One Christmas Day we were just told to "pick what you want from that section"!
They had everything from Fiat 500s to Jeep Grand Cherokees in the same row

So obviously we picked the Grand Cherokee - when we got to the exit they checked our paperwork and said that's 3 classes above what you've booked - they called the hire desk and then waved us through

This was probably with Alamo.

We've occasionally slipped the attended $20 and he's pointed to the row up. Theres clearly around at times

I guess they will check and then wave you on x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shabba View Post

Would you get charged on exit? If there are non of your class & the attendant waves you to the next class up, do they sign your paperwork informing the exit barrier attendant.
There's 2 scenarios here.

First.. They are lacking cars and scan for example a full size suv into the standard suv line parking space so when you leave the barrier staff member knows where the car was taken from and just signs the car out.

Second.. The garage staff member tells you to grab a car from the next row due to limited stock and then the barrier staff member radios through and gets approval to invoice at no additional charge and off you go.

The advice I will give you is to always ensure the paper work you get at the barrier includes zero extra chargers or upgrade fees as once you drive off you are technically agreeing, though 'mistake' chargers shall we call them always get removed when you complain.

Edited at 10:37 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yesterday our friend went out to,our villa
She’d booked a compact just her till we arrive she’d done straight to garage
They had none told her to pick anything suitable she’s got a brand new soft top mustang and she’s out 4 weeks
But no,way would I just pick something in an other row unless the guys in the garage said so they say so just to get you out or they haven’t got what you booked
And still,check check check the paperwork at the barrier
Alamo tried to charge me a poad extra at hand back the in garage scanners weren’t working and we had to go to the kiosk I should have had a $38 fule charge gonna whopping $150 charge
Nope Nada this is my kiosk paper work bill quickly amended just check at pick up and hand back folks I do not hand back the keys till I’ve got the correct final bill paper work
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

They know where each car is parked. If you get to barrier with fulls size parked in lower class fine. But taking a car parked in a higher bay than you have paid for should result in charge.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shabba View Post

Yes you will get charged if you just take one without permission.
If the attendant waves you up a class, they have tablets that track all the cars locations in the garage, or will note your ref number on their tablet.
So when you arrive at the exit they know exactly the slot you have taken the car from and what you are entitled to.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Alamo dont use, or didnt use the standard catagory in Florida so it was alsways an auto upgrade to full size. Did this a few times out of Sanford.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
Alamo dont use, or didnt use the standard catagory in Florida so it was alsways an auto upgrade to full size. Did this a few times out of Sanford.
Hope this is still true as I have a standard booked and everyone likes a free upgrade don't they?
Old 30 May 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I'm not sure why anyone would think of booking a category and then think they could pick a better car from a higher priced row? Bit like swapping price tags on an item in a shop to get something cheaper.

And that's called shoplifting !
Old 31 May 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

We returned home yesterday. Upon arrival at Alamo I produced our barcode paperwork (had booked a standard) and they took us to a row and said to choose a car. in that row were Jeeps, the trucks and Dodge standard size and caravan size (7 seaters). I actually said to her " we pick any one of these cars?" and she said yes. We picked a Caravan dodge and drove straight out without a question from anyone. Shocked!
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List