Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am sure dibbers are perfectly capable of making rational choices. . The views on that blog seem no more or less objective / subjective than anyone else’s views I have ever read.
When you've stayed at one but not the other and say it's better?
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
When you've stayed at one but not the other and say it's better?
I've stayed at both ... but I've also stayed at the Boardwalk which for me is the nicest of the three... in fact I'd grade them if looking at crescent Lake as a whole as
Boardwalk
Yacht
Beach/swalphin equal

Everyone's opinion is subjective and according to need. If travelling with toddlers or a wheelchair user ( or a Coulrophobia sufferer ... you thought Yacht was hard to spell !) my order would be different though !
To say one opinion carries more weight because a blogger wrote it doesn't make sense though.

All are lovely hotels though .

Edited at 11:55 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I am considering upgrading; I asked for BC but not available
on my dates; they offered me YC. Are there any rooms that have not had dogs in them?
I believe only certain blocks permitted dogs so yes.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I've stayed at both ... but I've also stayed at the Boardwalk which for me is the nicest of the three... in fact I'd grade them if looking at crescent Lake as a whole as
Boardwalk
Yacht
Beach/swalphin equal

Everyone's opinion is subjective and according to need. If travelling with toddlers or a wheelchair user ( or a Coulrophobia sufferer ... you thought Yacht was hard to spell !) my order would be different though !
To say one opinion carries more weight because a blogger wrote it doesn't make sense though.

All are lovely hotels though .
Your opinion is indeed fairly objective. I am not defending or promoting a blogger because they are a blogger. I am defending them because they have stayed on site many, many times and have no axe to grind. What is not helpful is someone who has been a couple of times, possibly stayed in one hotel, and then feels able to rate all hotels against this on the basis of having had breakfast there! Sorry if you disagree.
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
Your opinion is indeed fairly objective. I am not defending or promoting a blogger because they are a blogger. I am defending them because they have stayed on site many, many times and have no axe to grind. What is not helpful is someone who has been a couple of times, possibly stayed in one hotel, and then feels able to rate all hotels against this on the basis of having had breakfast there! Sorry if you disagree.
I disagree with your assumption that there are Dibbers that haven't stayed at all multiple times ... and having stayed for free at Disney myself for free as an incentive to send them guests in the distant past I never assume bloggers who often get the same perk are unbiased.
I find your assumptions "unhelpful"... there are plenty of posters who have stayed onsite multiple times for decades. Incidently local bloggers often get day access and room tours but don't actually get to stay overnight !

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

I disagree with your assumption that there are Dibbers that haven't stayed at all multiple times ... and having stayed for free at Disney myself for free as an incentive to send them guests in the distant past I never assume bloggers who often get the same perk are unbiased.
I find your assumptions "unhelpful"... there are plenty of posters who have stayed onsite multiple times for decades. Incidently local bloggers often get day access and room tours but don't actually get to stay overnight !
Whatever, you know best. Dibbers are of course free to draw whatever conclusions from whatever sources they wish. I think if you read what I said, you may find that I have made no assumption that there aren't a few Dibbers who have stayed at enough hotels over a short enough timespan to compare them. You may well be one of them. I would guess that my five on-site stays at WDW over 15 years is near average on this Forum, and I'd say that doesn't qualify me to make many useful comparisons.
BC 2019

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I believe only certain blocks permitted dogs so yes.
Very reassuring, thank you!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List