Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Love Denny’s first morning. All your food look lovely. Longhorn looks lovely too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for showing the pics of DC good to know.whats available
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I am back from my Scotland holiday and catching up! Really sorry to hear your purse got stolen Glad you didn't lose too much, but such a stress and not what you need on holiday. McDonalnds sell pizza?! This is a new one on me... I am not a McDonalnds fan, but I do love their strawberry milkshakes over there. The pictures in Longhorns look great! We had an amazing meal there a couple of years ago. When to one in Milwaukee a few months back and it was awful though... definitely need to go back to the one near Disney! Denny's also looks great - I have never actually been for breakfast, we usually end up at IHop as I love the flavoured pancakes. I may consider it in the future though
Looking forward to the rest of the food and I shall hop over to the main trip point in the next couple of days to get myself up to date with that too.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Love Denny’s first morning. All your food look lovely. Longhorn looks lovely too.
It was a great choice for the first morning and Longhorns was one of our favourites! Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Thank you for showing the pics of DC good to know.whats available
Thinking back I should have took photos of the food on offer or at least the menus but we rarely had our phones with us this day with it being a water park. There's definitely plenty of choice x

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I am back from my Scotland holiday and catching up! Really sorry to hear your purse got stolen Glad you didn't lose too much, but such a stress and not what you need on holiday. McDonalnds sell pizza?! This is a new one on me... I am not a McDonalnds fan, but I do love their strawberry milkshakes over there. The pictures in Longhorns look great! We had an amazing meal there a couple of years ago. When to one in Milwaukee a few months back and it was awful though... definitely need to go back to the one near Disney! Denny's also looks great - I have never actually been for breakfast, we usually end up at IHop as I love the flavoured pancakes. I may consider it in the future though
Looking forward to the rest of the food and I shall hop over to the main trip point in the next couple of days to get myself up to date with that too.
Hope you had a lovely time! It's not but luckily it didn't dampen it too much.

I'm not sure if it's all of them or just the huge one on I-Drive. Either way it worked fab for us

Longhorns was definitely a favourite for us, not just the food but the atmosphere too.

You must try Denny's for breakfast. We did IHOP but weren't that impressed with it, in fact it was probably one of the worst breakfasts we had I think I was devastated as I really wanted to enjoy it.

Thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 3 - Centertown Market, BoG, Pinocchio Haus, Pecos Bills and Plaza Restaurant

Day 3 - Centertown Market, BoG, Pinocchio Haus, Pecos Bills and Plaza Restaurant

Centertown Market

Staying at Disney there's only one thing to have for breakfast ... Mickey Waffles! Everyone was still asleep so I headed to Centertown Market to get breakfast and bring it back to the room for everyone. I ended up having a chew with Chris's Revolut card (think he'd turned the location services off or something) so paid with my magic band.

Mickey-shaped Waffles - House-made Waffles served with Bacon - $8.79

Mickey-shaped Waffles - House-made Waffles served with Sausage- $8.79

We all really enjoyed this. The kids also had some cereal which we'd brought with us. Can't beat a Mickey Waffle, just a shame we couldn't have had more on this holiday

Total for these was
$19.14

Snacks

So there were a few snacks I wanted to try in Disney. First up we were thristy so we got a drink from Joffreys I think it was. It was strawberry and mango I think. It was really refreshing and well enjoyed drinking it.

I paid cash for this and I can't find the receipt but I think it was around
$6.

Storybook Treats

We obviously need to try the new ice creams. So we got these to share.
The Lost Princess Cone - Glistening Lemon Soft-serve with Edible Flowers - $5.99

Peter Pan Float - Lime Soft-serve, Sprite® and a Chocolate Feather - $5.99

I don't like citrus flavours so I wasn't too keen although I did prefer the Peter Pan float as it was more refreshing. Thomas didn't like either, Noah only liked the cone and Caitlin ate the lemon ice cream bit of a snack fail but at least we got to try them.

These were
$13.04 which were paid in cash.

Be Our Guest Lunch

I had already pre-ordered lunch here as I knew what I wanted. Last trip Mr Grump declared Pecos Bills his favourite meal so planned to head here later for his lunch. The kids didn't like the lunch offerings in BoG last time so I planned to go to Pinocchio Haus for their lunch. The pre-order queue wasn't long at all and we found a table quite easily.

Croque Monsieur - Grilled Sandwich of Carved Ham and Gruyere Cheese and Bechamel with Pommes Frites - $15.99

This was so tasty. It was full of meat and I definitely couldn't have managed it alone. Mr Grump helped with the sandwich and the boys helped with the fries. I would definitely get this again as I really enjoyed it, it was probably one of my favourite meals alongside Longhorns. We all got some iced water to drink too.

Total was
$17.41

Pinocchio Village Haus

Whilst in BoG I pre-ordered some food for the kid's at Pinocchio Village Haus. Noah wanted plain pasta and fries and Caitlin and Thomas wanted a pizza. They shared the following:

Margherita Flatbread - Flatbread topped with Shredded Mozzarella, fresh Tomatoes, Mozzarella Pearls and Basil - $11.99

Pasta - Plain Pasta tossed in your choice of Marinara or Butter and served with choice of Sides and Beverage - $6.49

Noah's kids meal came with a drink and a yoghurt. Thomas and Noah shared the chocolate milk and Caitlin had the yoghurt. Thomas had pizza and fries and Caitlin had pizza and pasta. They all really enjoyed this and this was the first meal Noah actually really dug in to!

This was
$20.12

Pecos Bills

Chris loved Pecos Bills when we came last year so I knew he'd want to go here for food.

Beef Nachos - Tortilla Chips topped with Queso and Seasoned Ground Beef - $12.49

He forgot to take a photo and I was doing toilet trips with the kids whilst he ate so here's a photo from last year. He didn't enjoy these as much as last time. This time they didn't put any guacamole on, when I went back in and looked it was now an extra $2 to add it on but it was included last time.

This was
$13.60

As we didn't manage to get to the Plaza last year I wanted to go this time as we wanted to get the Mickey Pants Ice Cream. I made a reservation online as I wanted to be inside in the air con, good thing I did as the temp was 32C! Now these aren't on the menu but you can have them in the restaurant.

Plaza Restaurant
Mickey and Minnie Kitchen Sink Sundaes - your choice of Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter or Caramel topped with Whipped Cream, two Cherries and your choice of two Hand-scoops of Ice Cream

We got the Mickey and Minnie pants as we wanted to bring them home. We opted for fudge sauce on both, one had vanilla and strawberry ice cream, the other had cookies and cream and vanilla. We barely made a dent in them we probably managed one full one between us. Caitlin doesn't like ice cream so only ate the cream and Thomas declared he didn't like ice cream anymore either so it was left to Chris, Noah and I We did a good job but not good enough! We also ordered drinks here.

The total bill including tip came to
$56.36

Snacks

I think this was from a cart near Tower of Terror. We got a popcorn and soda to share and some cups of iced water too whilst we waited to go into Fantasmic. We didn't get pictures as the kids dove straight in

This was
$9.75

Total Spends

Day 1 - $178.49 - $28.49 over budget
Day 2 - $42.13 - $107.87 under budget. Add in yesterdays over budget gives us $79.38 extra on our $150 a budget
Day 3 - $155.42 - $5.42 over budget - $73.96 in credit

Edited at 11:50 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Like the look of Peter Pan Float, can't wait to try that! The Mickey/Minnie Mouse sinks look good too, do you reckon it's worth getting one, value for money I mean?
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I really shouldn't be reading this at lunchtime - want pizza and ice cream now! All that food looks amazing
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Loving this! Always enjoy a food trippy, seeing Longhorns makes my mouth water love their steaks.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Enjoying your report so far

Edited at 07:04 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

You did well on budget at MK and some fun treats too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List