Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Jun 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Enjoying your report,it’s bringing back memories as we were there at the same time as you. We really liked Longhorns too. Can’t wait to read more.
I'm glad it's bringing back memories, I'm trying to drag it out a little as I love reliving it How did you find the heat? I hope you had a fab time. Longhorns is definitely a winner ... I was even looking for a day when we could swap out a meal to do it again

Hoping to get the next day up tonight, thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm glad it's bringing back memories, I'm trying to drag it out a little as I love reliving it How did you find the heat? I hope you had a fab time. Longhorns is definitely a winner ... I was even looking for a day when we could swap out a meal to do it again

Hoping to get the next day up tonight, thanks for reading xx
We managed the heat. Drank a lot of water and took time out. Use to find somewhere to sit in the shade for 10 mins and people watch. Going in August in 2020, a family holiday with all the grandchildren. Yikes! It will be hot and humid then, never been in August before.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 5 - Voodoo Donuts, Krusty Burger and Hooters

Voodoo Donuts

So this morning was a quick breakfast, we popped into Voodoo Donuts to grab something to eat on the way. We all choose a donut each.

I honestly can't remember the names of them all but here's so pics

I had the Voodoo donut. I really enjoyed this, it was so nice, think I still prefer a Krispy Kreme donut though. Thomas got the plain donut, Caitlin got the M&M's, Noah the sprinkles and Chris the iced donut. Caitlin and Noah didn't like theirs as they had cinnamon on so just Thomas and I ate all ours, we did share with the others but they weren't keen. Luckily we'd given Noah cereal in the room.

This became a regular problem for us as Americans seem to LOVE their cinnamon but with no one liking it they struggled I'm not a massive lover of it but I can cope. I think next time we'd ask which ones were without cinnnamon.

This was a lot cheaper than I expected at
$10.64 I did also reactive our refill mug for $9.58 but I paid cash for it.

Krusty Burger

Lunch was over in Krusty Burger or Springfield Fast Food Boulevard. Inside here it's not just burgers, there was pizza, chicken, burgers and a drinks station too. We opted to get pizza, hot dog and curly fries for the kids to share. Mr Grump and I shared a burger and curly fries.

The kids all loved the pizza. The boys weren't keen on the curly fries and Noah didn't like the hot dog (although he did eat the bread ) Mr Grump and I enjoyed the burger and it was really filling too. I thought this wasn't too badly priced for theme park food at all and it filled a nice hole.

Total was
$34.48

Hooters

This had been a last minute decision as Mr Grump decided a few days before he definitely wanted to go here so a quick rejig of the plans and I squeezed it in. Now I couldn't find any coupons but I did sign up to the club but didn't receive anything.

Anyway ... we went to the one on I-Drive and it wasn't too busy when we arrived. We were seated straight away and our server was lovely. She was training another girl so we had 2 servers. They were excellent in here for keeping our drinks topped up, we barely finished them before they offered refills which were great. We ordered an appetiser to share:

Beer Cheese and Pretzels - A creamy blend of cheese infused with stout beer and served with salted Bavarian pretzels.- $9.99

The kids didn't like these. Mr Grump and I enjoyed them although I wasn't too keen on the beer cheese sauce.

Twisted Texas Melt - Grilled 8 oz. burger with Daytona beach sauce, caramelized onions, bacon and cheddar cheese served on Texas toast. - $12.99

I opted for the 'bucket fries' with mine. I really enjoyed this but it was HUGE! I'm ashamed to say I probably only managed about half and that was after dissecting it

Philly Cheesesteak - Shaved steak sautéed with onions, peppers and mushrooms topped with provolone cheese served on a toasted hoagie bun - $12.99

Again Mr Grump enjoyed this but it was just too much he managed around 3/4s of it.

Kid's Chicken Strips - 3 Chicken Strips, grilled or fried, and your choice of side item and beverage. - $5.99

Thomas had the kids chicken strips and he really enjoyed these. He said they were nice and crispy.

Kid's Burger Sliders - 2 mini burgers served with your choice of side item and beverage. - $5.99

Caitlin opted for Noah cheese again and swapped the fries option for a fruit pot. Caitlin enjoyed these and said the burgers were really nice.

Kid's Cheese Quesadilla - Includes your choice of side item and beverage - $5.99

We decided to get this for Noah as he enjoyed his cheese quesadilla in Satul'i Canteen last year. He didn't like this one he also didn't like the 'fries' I'm assuming they didn't do real fries as it was those 'bucket fries' or curly fries to choose from. In hindsight he'd have probably been better with some fruit or something. We figured he'd be ok as he would eat some popcorn in the cinema as he loves popcorn. So again Noah's meal was wasted.

Mr Grump and I enjoyed our food here but it wasn't good for Noah sadly. I've had Hooters in Prague and if I'm honest I preferred it in Prague! Not sure why. There was nothing wrong with the food or service but I don't think it's somewhere we'd return.

The total for all of this including tip was
$73.

Regal Cinemas

We went to see Aladdin and got some snacks to take into the cinema. I signed up to Regal Cinemas before we went and got a voucher for a free small popcorn, so I used this and we bought 2 drinks, a coke zero and sprite for us all to share but didn't get photos. We popped some butter on the popcorn. Noah didn't like the popcorn at all so he'd barely eaten all day. About 3/4s of the way through the film we were up and down 3 times as he needed the toilet. When we sat back down he began crying that his tummy hurt, we put it down to the cinema being loud and I took him out at the end just as I did he vomited everywhere poor little thing. I think it was a mixture of hardly eaten all day, the loudness of the cinema and just chewing himself up. So I decided to make sure we took snacks everywhere with us incase he didn't like the food.

This was
$11.91 for 2 small drinks .. so quite pricey but it's typical cinema prices really.

Total Spends

Day 1 - $178.49 - $28.49 over budget
Day 2 - $42.13 - $107.87 under budget. Add in yesterdays over budget gives us $79.38 extra on our $150 a budget
Day 3 - $155.42 - $5.42 over budget - $73.96 in credit
Day 4 - $146.73 - $3.27 under budget. $77.23 in credit
Day 5 - $139.61 - $10.39 under budget. $87.62 in credit
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

The donuts all look good and great prices
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Hope Noah felt better after a nights sleep. Hooters seems reasonably priced and the kids meals looked good.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Hope Noah is ok and not got a tummy bug. Didn’t get to try Voodoo Donuts as massive Queue when we went, they sure looked good though.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I cant wait for my voodoo!
Poor noah.. maybe some plain food? Grapes bananas or goldfish?
My dd was that age on her 2nd trp and lived on goldfish and most kids meals come with them as a side...
Shes now 16 and her go to snack is crackers lol
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

We managed the heat. Drank a lot of water and took time out. Use to find somewhere to sit in the shade for 10 mins and people watch. Going in August in 2020, a family holiday with all the grandchildren. Yikes! It will be hot and humid then, never been in August before.
We love people watching it was definitely hot! I think as long as you take your time and keep hydrated it should be ok. Oh what a lovely trip to go with all the grandchildren! I bet you'll have an amazing time x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
The donuts all look good and great prices
Thanks for reading Stephanie x

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Hope Noah felt better after a nights sleep. Hooters seems reasonably priced and the kids meals looked good.
He did thankfully, poor boy. We found everywhere pretty reasonably priced and the portions were always huge thanks for reading x

Hope Noah is ok and not got a tummy bug. Didn’t get to try Voodoo Donuts as massive Queue when we went, they sure looked good though.
Luckily I think it was just the lack of food and stress, poor boy. I had heard about the queue being huge so when we turned up and there was no queue I knew we had to dive right in thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
I cant wait for my voodoo!
Poor noah.. maybe some plain food? Grapes bananas or goldfish?
My dd was that age on her 2nd trp and lived on goldfish and most kids meals come with them as a side...
Shes now 16 and her go to snack is crackers lol
I hope you enjoy it the one I had was really nice. Definitely, he struggles with food at the best of times at home and he struggled when we were there last year too. He loves fruit so where we could we would get him fruit too. He didn't like the crackers sadly but he did like the cheetos so lived off rice krispy treats, cheetos, cereal and fruit

It's funny how they fixate on things isn't it thanks for reading xx
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Looks like you had a great trip and packed loads in.

Denny’s and ihop are on my list for next week. I enjoyed both last time but it seems ihop can be a bit hit or miss these days.

Friendly’s looked good, we were encouraged to go there by Dixon’s on tour and thought it was good food and good value.

Your MK day looks great, I’m impressed you got to try so many things. The Peter Pan float looks good.

Thanks for posting such a detailed report.
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great food report so far looking forward to the rest of it 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List