Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

What makes you teary at WDW?

We used to be regular visitors to WDW and went most years until our son reached 10. This year will be our first visit for 9 years. We have so many happy memories of visiting with our son and in fact we first took him when he was 18 months. We have a photo of Tigger taking his dummy out!

This got me thinking about whether this trip could be a bit emotional. Our son is now a fine young man of 19 and has paid for his share of the holiday. My head is telling me that WDW is a bricks and mortar money making machine. My heart tells me that there is something special there. You can’t always put your finger on it it’s just there.

Anyway I sense there could be a teary moment at the end of Main Street as we all look up towards the castle. Equally it may unexpectedly happen elsewhere. Being a chap I will no doubt say that I have sun lotion in my eye...

Is this all daft and sentimental? Why would a grown man feel this way?

It would be nice to know that I am not alone so does anybody else have happy teary moments that they would like to share?
Pans is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Walking up to the ferry boat and getting my first glimpse of the castle always seems to leave pixie dust in my eye.

I'm expecting a similar response at my first glimpse of the Millennium Falcon next year, too.

Oh, and the See Your Real Soon sign as I leave for the last time!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think there are lots of teary moments in wdw and the castle must feature in many.

Biggest tears reserved, for the final visit of all (as our Tinkerbell has just had) and the time you leave the MK , walk down Main Street, turn round at the hub, and blow your final goodnight forever kiss.

Disney332
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

My first view of Main Street with the castle in the background brings many a lump in the throat and certainly a tear or two to the eyes. Oh and hearing Jimminy Cricket singing 'When you wish upon a star'
Margaret

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I haven’t been in 17 years and I have never taken my children before. I think for me I will get emotional going under the Disney world arch, walking down Main Street, the parade and the fireworks. ❤️

I cannot wait! ❤️❤️
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Everything! I don't wear sunglasses because of the sun.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Simply, fireworks..Magic Kingdom or Epcot,I'm in bits,especially over Christmas when Epcot has the add on of Let there be peace on earth .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loch Lomond
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Price of the tickets
Loch Lomond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt46
Getting Excited

Ours is when we hand over our luggage at Disney Springs, this marks the end of the holiday and the thought of going back to work
Matt46 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

I can’t ride the monorail on my last evening. I can’t bear listening to “if this concludes your visit to Walt Disney World... ” it makes me sad ☹️
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List