Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Storybook dining

Do you think they will do a child’s vanilla ice cream or cup cake etc instead of the shared deserts for my youngest ?
He is allergic to fruit
Thanks
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney are pretty accommodating so I’m sure if you explained that to them they’d be more than happy to help 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm sure they would but it's only one of the 3 deserts that has fruit. The other things are cake chocolate and popcorn.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Make sure the allergy is noted on your reservation. Disney are fab with allergies, they really go the extra mile.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Just to say they have a set allergy menu at Storybook. We had it for my Mums shellfish allergy but I can't say we looked at desserts on there. They will have an alternative but I wouldn't count on being able to get what ever you want. They have around 1-2 extra items per course from what we saw then list the allergy ingredients so you can choose what not to have.
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
I'm sure they would but it's only one of the 3 deserts that has fruit. The other things are cake chocolate and popcorn.
It’s all the mini deserts that have fruit and/or fruit flavours (he can’t have citric acid that’s in a lot of fruit flavoured things (even though there is no actual fruit)
He could have the popcorn but that’s brought at the end? We could not all sit there tucking into deserts whilst our youngest sat there without.
Hopefully they could bring out a cupcake or vanilla ice cream 🍦
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
It’s all the mini deserts that have fruit and/or fruit flavours (he can’t have citric acid that’s in a lot of fruit flavoured things (even though there is no actual fruit)
He could have the popcorn but that’s brought at the end? We could not all sit there tucking into deserts whilst our youngest sat there without.
Hopefully they could bring out a cupcake or vanilla ice cream 🍦
As said it will be whatever alternative dessert they have. Here is a link to a photo of the allergy menu - loveofthemagic/wp-conten...2/img_2826.jpg
If you read the article loveofthemagic/storybook...he-evil-queen/ then it says that they got some sort of chocolate bar and some sort of weird tapioca looking thing (there's a photo but they weren't sure what it was). These were for a gluten allergy so obviously not the same but I would think that this would be the alternative they would offer. Its probably worth trying to contact the restaurant in advance as they may be able to sort something else with some advance notice?

Edited at 07:32 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
As said it will be whatever alternative dessert they have. Here is a link to a photo of the allergy menu - loveofthemagic/wp-conten...2/img_2826.jpg
If you read the article loveofthemagic/storybook...he-evil-queen/ then it says that they got some sort of chocolate bar and some sort of weird tapioca looking thing (there's a photo but they weren't sure what it was). These were for a gluten allergy so obviously not the same but I would think that this would be the alternative they would offer. Its probably worth trying to contact the restaurant in advance as they may be able to sort something else with some advance notice?
Thank you for this ! The alternative deserts look a bit strange 😂😂😂
I will try to contact them beforehand or if I forget (or bottle it) I will take a cookie or cupcake in from CBR and pass it to our server without my youngest noticing. I imagine that would be ok?
Thanks again x
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Make sure the allergy is noted on your reservation. Disney are fab with allergies, they really go the extra mile.

I agree.
We were at 1900 Park Fare in 2017 and a little boy could not have much on offer at the breakfast buffet. One of the chefs came and discussed the child’s allergies and within 10mins came back with a plate full of suitable food which had been specially prepared.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thank you for this ! The alternative deserts look a bit strange 😂😂😂
I will try to contact them beforehand or if I forget (or bottle it) I will take a cookie or cupcake in from CBR and pass it to our server without my youngest noticing. I imagine that would be ok?
Thanks again x
That sounds like a good plan. As said they might be able to work something but I know for ours they just said choose off the allergy menu

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
I agree.
We were at 1900 Park Fare in 2017 and a little boy could not have much on offer at the breakfast buffet. One of the chefs came and discussed the child’s allergies and within 10mins came back with a plate full of suitable food which had been specially prepared.
The issue here is the kitchen is very limited. They don't have many alternatives to courses as its set starter and dessert so its whether they have a suitable alternative in what they have. 1900 would have a wider range of items so therefore it would be easier to get something else.