Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Boston T party museum

Has anyone done this? Was it good as it seems a lot of money for us all to go . Any discounts that ppl have used?
TIA
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Is it the one with the boat? If not, ignore this!

If it is we just walked into the shop then down the ramp to the lovely tea room, you pay a set price and can try all the different types of tea, really lovely experience. There was a charge to go on the ship next door, but we didn't go on, mainly because it was hammering down and secondly as it looked more of a dress up/interactive scenario, which didn't appeal to us.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Is it the one with the boat? If not, ignore this!

If it is we just walked into the shop then down the ramp to the lovely tea room, you pay a set price and can try all the different types of tea, really lovely experience. There was a charge to go on the ship next door, but we didn't go on, mainly because it was hammering down and secondly as it looked more of a dress up/interactive scenario, which didn't appeal to us.
Yes that the one. They have t rooms which we will try - thank you
It’s something like $28 each so pricey. Hopefully someone will pop on who has been

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We went last year. I found it a bit cheesy but quite informative. There were dressed up guides but they were very good. I think we were there for just over an hour, not including time spent in the gift shop afterwards.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Ahh right if I didn’t pay to get in (exp for a family for an hr!) what would I see? Is it still worth looking around?
Can’t wait to ‘exit through the gift shop’
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

You can look down on the boat from the tea room as it's moored outside, , other than that you'll just see the shop, which was not huge but had a lot in, we managed to get most of our take home presents from there.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
We did it a couple of years ago and I loved it, bit cheesy but good fun. We purchased the tickets of groupon and i’ve just had a look and I paid $18.25 for the 2 of us. Unfortunately not available at the moment But maybe keep a look out on there.
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
We did it a couple of years ago and I loved it, bit cheesy but good fun. We purchased the tickets of groupon and i’ve just had a look and I paid $18.25 for the 2 of us. Unfortunately not available at the moment But maybe keep a look out on there.
Groupon was one of the first places I looked
Can you tell me what you do please?
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
You start of in the meeting room where the guides are in character and reenact the lead up to the Boston Tea Party, some of the guests are given roles and have lines to say at certain points. They tend to be able to pick the people who want to be involved so don’t worry if you don’t want to take part. I was picked!
We then got to have look round one of the replica boats where you get to throw ‘tea’ into the water. Finally a look round the museum with your guide. Your guide keeps in character the whole time.
Afterwards we went to Abigail’s for tea and scone.
The price we paid was a bargain and I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would but can fully understand it’s not everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ - excuse the pun.
I fell in love with Boston, beautiful place with loads of history.
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
You start of in the meeting room where the guides are in character and reenact the lead up to the Boston Tea Party, some of the guests are given roles and have lines to say at certain points. They tend to be able to pick the people who want to be involved so don’t worry if you don’t want to take part. I was picked!
We then got to have look round one of the replica boats where you get to throw ‘tea’ into the water. Finally a look round the museum with your guide. Your guide keeps in character the whole time.
Afterwards we went to Abigail’s for tea and scone.
The price we paid was a bargain and I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would but can fully understand it’s not everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ - excuse the pun.
I fell in love with Boston, beautiful place with loads of history.
Thank you for this... I really would like to do it why does everything always cost so much