Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

Tipping for party of 7

We’re travelling in October and will mainly be eating in offsite restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse Applebee’s millers to name a few, just wondering if many will put on tip automatically like the Disney restaurants or if we will have the choice to decide depending on the level of service that we’ve received 😁

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I think they all auto add 18% for parties of six or more, obviously you can challenge this with the manager if you feel the service didn't warrant it.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

We were 6 and no auto tips were added off-site.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Disney is the only place I know of that automatically adds a tip on for 6 or more. That is Disney, not an American tradition.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Lots of outside restaurants add a 18% gratuity if the party is larger than 6 , always check your bill, if you are unhappy you can always ask them to remove it, we have even had an automatic gratuity for the 3 of us!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

We were a party of 7 this April and was pleased to note no automatic gratuities were added anywhere we ate (all off site), this included Olive Garden, Longhorns, Outback, IHOP, Cracker Barrel etc
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Make sure you look at the check. Some restaurants will maaaake suggestions on the bill but you need to indicate the tip. I actually like the machines some restaurants have on the table that inclkude a tip calculator (locally at Red Robin and Olive Garden are the two I can think of.)

Outside of Disney, I cannot think of any place in my 67 years in America that automatically added a tip.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Apart from that remember it may take you longer to get seated as a party of 7, maybe worth splitting up sometimes
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Make sure you look at the check. Some restaurants will maaaake suggestions on the bill but you need to indicate the tip. I actually like the machines some restaurants have on the table that inclkude a tip calculator (locally at Red Robin and Olive Garden are the two I can think of.)

Outside of Disney, I cannot think of any place in my 67 years in America that automatically added a tip.
Johnny Rockets do and applebies, they are actually suggestions but they don't suggest a cost without a gratuity on!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Black Angus and Sugar Mill café (De Leon Springs) routinely add service charge for any number of people We received a filthy look when we didn't leave a tip as well at the Sugar Mill café.