Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jun 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Mousekeeping...

Quick question ... how much is currently acceptable? (Wondering if inflation has kicked in yet!)
Thank you
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

General consensus seems to be around $1 per person per day. There are 4 of us, so we left $5 per day, as that was easier than $4.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
General consensus seems to be around $1 per person per day. There are 4 of us, so we left $5 per day, as that was easier than $4.
That's good ... exactly what I was thinking!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I leave $4 or $5 a day whether it’s me and DD or us and DH or all four of us. I will say in one trip over 20 years I stopped tipping Mousekeeping after day four as the cleaning was shocking. About day 10 we had a good proper service again and I started tipping again.
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I leave $4 or $5 a day whether it’s me and DD or us and DH or all four of us. I will say in one trip over 20 years I stopped tipping Mousekeeping after day four as the cleaning was shocking. About day 10 we had a good proper service again and I started tipping again.
I've never had to deal with this because I normally stay off site so am finding this thread very useful - thank you all
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Housekeeping isn't a tipped position. None of the Americans I got chatting to last year tip them. They said only foreigners do!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Like Andybear says it’s not a tipped position.

But, we always tip housekeeping all over the world including at Disney. We tip $1pp per day. As they are often different maids that clean each day, unlike other hotels elsewhere where I tip at the end of the holiday.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never tipped housekeeping anywhere in the world. I do not know anyone else that does either. I only heard of it when I joined this forum.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We tip $1 per person per day whether onsite or offsite. It’s nothing to do with staying at Disney and we did it before I joined the Dibb so it’s not exclusive to this website.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
we have always tipped $1 per person each night when in the USA - only time we havent is when we havent had them come in or they have been atrocious - lots of hotels now have an envelope in the room with your house keeper today was... tips appreciated etc

Actually, thinking about it I generally tip housekeeping when I am on holiday anyways usually the local equivalent of $1 a day per person when i am staying in a hotel - a lot of the time they work incredibly hard and are super helpful. I never accumulate and tip at the end of a stay as you can often has 2-3 different housekeepers working on rotation over a week or 2

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List