Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

DUblin hotels central recommendations ?

Thinking of going to Dublin middle July but the hotels located where I think are central are around 400 pound for 2 nights the flights are cheap but I thought the hotels were extortionate...any recommendations please
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The hotels in Dublin are really expensive. I’ve been twice and stayed in the Temple Bar area both times which was perfect for us.

We stayed in an Air BnB the first time and the second time stayed at The Harding Hotel. It was ok, I wouldn’t say it was the best hotel but for the location it wasn’t that expensive, has a nice pub underneath, and it’s easy to walk everywhere (and near the airport bus stop).

If you do stay there be ware that some of the rooms face the cathedral and the bells are VERY loud, so ideally you don’t want a cathedral facing room!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I could have written this exact post. Found bargain BA reward flights for September but the hotels are extortionate! A friend and I are only going for one night and trying to keep the cost low so have provisionally booked the Premier Inn at the airport for 80 euros. It's obviously not in the centre but looks like an easy 25 min journey into town on the 500 bus

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have a look at the Clayton Liffey Valley. It is a bit out of town but an easy bus ride in - serviced by quite a few buses into town. Also is on a shuttle bus route to the airport and is on the same site as a shopping centre (Liffey Valley) with restaurants and shops. The hotel is a little bit of a walk from the bus stop into town but the airport shuttle goes right to the hotel.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They are expensive, I go a lot. The Spencer is the one I like the most I think out of the half dozen or so I have stopped in, but rarely under 200 euro a night.
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you just want a cheap and cheerful place to crash that's in a brilliant location then check out the Travelodge Stephens Green. I usually stay at Buswells which is a lovely hotel but pricey, I stayed at the Travelodge the last time I was up in Dublin and it was clean, safe and within walking distance to probably everything you'd want to see.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Riu Gresham which was lovely and I felt very reasonable. It was a walk away from the temple bar area but not overly far and well placed for a bus to the airport.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I needed somewhere reasonable to stay at short notice Whitsun weekend for a funeral and ended up booking into DCU (Dublin City University) Glasnevin. Really nice student accomadation , ensuite with a lounge and kitchen shared between five rooms so perfect for a quick cuppa or even a pizza. Included a fab breakfast ( or could use the ample 10 euro voucher at the on campus Starbucks) , massive convenience store that also sold hot food open til 10pm . All for 72 euros.
It's halfway between the airport and the city centre with frequent buses from right outside.
I couldn't even find a B&B at that price for that weekend and this offered everything a B&B does (but better quality towels) plus bars and food onsite all day and evening. The only thing it didn't have was a TV in the room but the wifi was excellent so Sky Go, BBC iplayer , Netflix's etc wasn't a problem if needed.
There's nice landscaping so my morning cuppa was usually taken in the landscaped courtyard by my room.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Go to Belfast instead! Problem solved. 👍👍👍
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Jervis apartments through Booking.com (and Quidco) for £327 for 3 nights in June last year. Beautiful modern apartment and central to everything for walking. Would use again.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List