Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Dec 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It happens to villa owners too

Just had an email to say the beach house we’d booked for February in Hawaii has been sold and new owners are not renting out
Deposit is back in our bank account
The search starts again won’t be easy as it looks right now I might have to use my wheelchair
We’d booked as we always do taking this in to account so anything above ground level doesn’t work for us
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh no! Hope you manage to find something appropriate soon x
Old 25 Dec 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

While we understand the owners position it’s looking like we may have to totally rethink our trip
While most days I can do a couple of flights of stairs but on the=days I can’t at home things can be sorted on the go on vacation it’s a total
Different ball game if a lift breaks down in an apartment block We
Have to abandon plans
$7000 for 7 nights a early 60th birthday and Ruby Wedding celebration
We are gutted
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Oh that’s awful Really hope you can find a suitable alternative x
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Gryff, so sorry to hear this. I’ve got loads of accommodation websites from when we’ve been to Hawaii recently, any use to you if I share them? Maui and Big Island and Oahu only though.

It’s very bad they’ve cancelled at such short notice given February accommodation will be mostly booked up already There’s no chance the new owners would want to continue to rent the place out in the short term at least?
Old 25 Dec 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Just thinking out loud. The couple of times we’ve stayed in Maui we were in condos which did have ground floor units and I know the company managing / booking out the units would guarantee one of those. On Big Island we stayed in a house which had two floors but did have a downstairs bedroom which if you couldn’t manage the stairs would have been a back up? Not beach front though, it was a small drive (all within a huge complex called Mauna Lani)
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List