Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 11 Jul 23, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Christmas 2023

Well we are now within 6 months until Christmas and I just wondered if anyone had started shopping yet.

As my kids are so much older now, it will only be the little stocking filler things they'll be getting, smellies, socks and pants (although they do not need them as I have a huge pile of odd socks in my ironing basket ) as well as gift vouchers for clothes and food venues.
I have also been recording some Christmas movies on the hallmark channel (Christmas in July) and have loved watching them whilst it has been grey, rainy and miserable.
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 23, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

The grandkids (10 of them) get presents, I ask for ideas from their parents, usually beginning of September, my kids (4 of them) get cash now unless there’s something they ask for, I also buy boxes of nice biscuits and tubs of sweets.
DH and I just exchange token gifts…..he gets me nice rose and violet creams, charbonnel et Walker champagne truffles, perfume and a nice notebook, I get him a chocolate toolbox, box of mini Ritter sport chocolates and an odd bit or two (last year was a mug/cup warmer cos his coffee was always going cold)…….
None of the Christmas shopping takes very long this time and it’s mostly online

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 23, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

I've got a few bits and pieces for my youngest daughter, lego, books and that sort of thing. She has a list already but I dont rush with those as she often changes her mind or loses interest. Eldest daughter is harder, her birthday is Nov and she likes to get that done before she thinks about Xmas, that drives me mad!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 23, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Brought a Spaceship Earth cookie jar back last month for one DS. Otherwise, just get things as and when I see them. 😀

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 23, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Nothing yet but have started thinking. My eldest dd suggested we cut back now we all are adults and put a limit say £100.00 and we all get a name with present suggestions on. I think its a great idea but know I will still buy everyone more..
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 23, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

I’ve started, I got the Christmas cards I wanted reduced to £1 in TK Maxx sale. I’ve bought 2 gifts so far, again with really good sale discounts (Swarovski & Emma Bridgewater). I’m trying to get back to being organised for Christmas😆