Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
After 24 years of marriage my wife and I have an agreed system. I earn it, she spends it, and teaches our three daughters how to spend it as well

Y'all take care
Nick

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Wages go into separate accounts, standing orders then go into our joint house account, savings accounts for cars and holiday. I earn more than OH now but not by much and for years he earned more than me. I then have some left over money to spend as I choose, and so does my partner. I’d hate the idea of not having my ‘own’ money to do with as I wished. I would feel that I couldn’t buy stuff / had to justify why I bought something. And how would you do presents / surprises!?!

We don’t have kids but when we do we won’t change anything.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have joint everything and have since we moved in together. It works for us, apart from when we want to buy each other a present and we have to tell the other person not to look at the account... 😂
Old 9 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

My parents used to have separate bank accounts, but that was for security, if something happened to one account they could write a cheque to the other,
They didn’t earn equal monies, but dads account paid the bills and mums kept us all fed, Mum is not a spender though, and she used to give Dad an allowance for things like his sandwiches or pc games and stuff...
my sister has moved in with her BF last year, They have a joint account for the bills, but keep everything else separate for now.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
We probably go against the grain here, but we do things slightly different.

We have separate personal accounts. Hubby pays the mortgage, food shopping and some of the household bills. I pay the council tax, life insurance and other household bills. We then have a couple of joint savings accounts that are just purely for adding to, so we save together.

It has worked for us. No questions are ever asked about what each of us spend our money on, as long as the bills are paid and we are adding to the savings there is no issue.

It works for us but may not work for others.
Pretty much ditto for myself and my partner.

As long as bills are paid, all is well.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Everything in one pot, all joint and all shared, I’m a stay at home mum with no income and he’s a full time worker with a good wage. Can never see the point in splitting it!
Old 9 May 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Separate accounts here and a joint account.
DH pays the mortgage, all the bills and food. I pay for my car, mobile phone and nursery fees for DS (only 2 mornings a week). I also save to pay for holidays. DH has a lot more disposable income than me but loves to treat me and surprise me and also pays lots of money for eating out and taking DS places on weekends.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

We are the same, everything together. It works well for us. x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DH & I have an account each that our wages go into. We then have a joint account that we each put an amount into every month and that covers all household expenditure - mortgage, insurance, holidays, things for the children etc. The balance on this account remains pretty healthy so virtually all of our expenditure is done through this one.
We've had this arrangement since we first moved in together 14 years ago. It works for us.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We are married and have had a joint account since we first lived together. DH has always earned more than me, but all our money is joint.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List