Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Seriously it’s even on their Disney webpage , they must be aware !

Jules
Nope. They haven't a clue!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Whats the VPN route ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Also interested in what a VPN is
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Also interested in what a VPN is
Virtual private network. simplification of one aspect of what it does : It makes it look as if you are using the internet in a different country when you are not. For instance, if I use a VPN and ask it to make it look as if I’m in the USA, it’ll do so, like the person who bought the magic band mentioned earlier in the thread
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
so how do we do this and order the magic bands etc ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

this is the method I use:

1) get a VPN - I use PrivateInternetAccess (I used a quidco signup to get it for "free" effectively). There are many free ones out there, many paid ones. When you switch on the VPN you normally choose which country you wish to use as your endpoint.
2) open chrome, then open "new incognito window", this ensures that your regular cookies wont interfere
3) go log onto MDE
4) shop

When you are done, disconnect the VPN. Note! Not all VPNs will work, some are actively blocked by companies (netflix and disney+ sometimes block my PIA but there are lots of endpoints to choose from so I can usually use Netflix and Disney+ pretending to be in another country)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Dm'd disney customer relations on twitter, they said they are unaware of the block. Emailed them, awaiting a response. I basically said of anyone who has a holiday in the UK booked with you can't order magicbands then there is a block.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't know but I downloaded a VPN last night and ordered a lovely 50th anniversary one for collection at the hotel. The full price is $34.99 and I'm getting it for $20.
That’s interesting. I didn’t realise you could still purchase at a discount. With none of us able to go and UK guests unable to buy I had kind of forgot about it but I’d like to pre-pay for one of the discounted ones. Might have a look at this later.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That’s interesting. I didn’t realise you could still purchase at a discount. With none of us able to go and UK guests unable to buy I had kind of forgot about it but I’d like to pre-pay for one of the discounted ones. Might have a look at this later.
I used an app called Ultimate VPN which was recommended to me. It's easy to use and I had no trouble ordering the Magic Band once I'd connected to USA through it. The one I'm getting is lovely, has a picture of the castle on it. These are pics of it.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I used an app called Ultimate VPN which was recommended to me. It's easy to use and I had no trouble ordering the Magic Band once I'd connected to USA through it. The one I'm getting is lovely, has a picture of the castle on it. These are pics of it.

That one is lovely! I have a free VPN app on my iPad so I’ll have a browse later. Great to have another planning thing to do!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List