Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 21, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Can someone recommend a free vpn not trial. Totally free. For use with iOS.
All the ones I looked at the other day we’re free trial only and required credit card. TunnelBear didn’t require a credit card, however I can see a “mbs” figure going down so I am thinking at some point I am going to be asked for payment to continue.

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post
I am not an iOS user as such, but a quick search shows good reviews for "Free VPN by Free VPN.org" - no really, couldn't make it up! Give that a try, maybe.
I am pretty sure that one was only a free trial too. I guess nothing in life is free really.

Edited at 07:58 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Yes you typically have a free trial but usually they require you enter your card details and they charge you unless you cancel before the trial ends.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I downloaded one that you can just watch ads for a short period of vpn access. It’s just called free vpn and has a picture of a unicorn.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Are you staying on site? They can only do it if you have a US address or staying on Disney property where they will send it to your hotel.
Yes, thanks I am on site. Still no success

The device I am using definitely recognises that I am in US but my account still shows Ireland, should I try manually changing my account as well or will I not be able to change that. I seem to remember that has become an issue lately

Edited at 09:20 AM.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Yes, thanks I am on site. Still no success

The device I am using definitely recognises that I am in US but my account still shows Ireland, should I try manually changing my account as well or will I not be able to change that. I seem to remember that has become an issue lately
I didn’t change anything in my account. I made sure I was logged off, opened the Disneyworld.Disney.go website, logged in again and could access the relevant pages.
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I didn’t change anything in my account. I made sure I was logged off, opened the Disneyworld.Disney.go website, logged in again and could access the relevant pages.
Thanks, wont touch the account then! I have logged in and out and loaded up vpn so many times and get to the purchase button but it then just throws up a box saying unable to process

I would call IT but would probably just be told we cant order them yet
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thanks for the VPN tip. Will be ordering one for hotel collection 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

On my Android phone I use the Ultimate VPN app which was recommended on here a few months ago. When you go into it you have the choice of free or premium. I choose free then connect and it works fine. When I've finished what I'm doing I disconnect from it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Thanks, wont touch the account then! I have logged in and out and loaded up vpn so many times and get to the purchase button but it then just throws up a box saying unable to process

So you can get to the page to order them then? In which case it is not the VPN that is the issue. Thinking back to way back when I was booking things for my 2020 WDW trip, like droid workshop for example, I was having trouble with finalising some purchases. Eventually I scrolled all the way down the page I found there was a box for phone number that had something in there which was the wrong format. I changed that (to any random number that seemed to fit the format) and was able to complete the purchase. It might be worth a shot.
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Apparently there is no issue according to guest relations. I just think they can't be bothered tbh.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List