Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

"Find virtual bounties in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Interact with the "Disney Fab 50 Character Collection" sculptures
Light up in unison with nighttime spectaculars"

If that floats your boat...
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Ooh, that new version looks nice! But I think I have enough to think about in the parks at the moment, without having my wrist light up and vibrate randomly!

The only thing I would potentially be interested in would be the interaction with the fireworks, but happy to wait until the time after next that we visit. To be honest, I'll just be glad to flipping get there again, even if my "magic band" is a plastic card strapped to my wrist with an elastic band!
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Haven’t ordered mine yet was holding off till nearer my March trip now seeing these think I’ll wait , wonder how much they are ? and what designs they have only seen the two so far

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

A few more designs on here wdwnt/2021/09/breaking-d...ive-magicband/
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Depends how you look at it. Current bands will still work, the new stuff all sounds like gimmicks to me. I don't really want my band flashing lights at me whenever it feels like it, so think I'll stick with the standard style.
Massive gimmicks.

Ooh pretend your a Bounty Hunter… where no-one else will realise.

Interact with the Golden statues… no thanks seen the pictures already and have a ride to get to!

They are just taking the mickey out of us now (pun intentional!)
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

As long as my Magic Band opens my hotel room door and gets me into the parks I'll be happy. I've got no interest in 'bells and whistles'.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've ordered our magic bands for the trip in November (mix of castle and lion king ones) but I'm back again in 2022 so I can always get the gimmicky ones then - depends on what they are charging etc - I have an apple watch so something else buzzing on my wrist will probably just confuse me .
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
alansmed
Proud to wear my Ears

When magic bands were fist announced people slated them saying what do I need that on my wrist for. I’ll keep my room card thank you. Stupid idea. Now people going in on the same thing with this.
If you don’t like it, fair enough. Reckon a fair few will change their minds when they see it. I think they sound great.
alansmed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alansmed View Post
When magic bands were fist announced people slated them saying what do I need that on my wrist for. I’ll keep my room card thank you. Stupid idea. Now people going in on the same thing with this.
If you don’t like it, fair enough. Reckon a fair few will change their minds when they see it. I think they sound great.
I remember when the newer generation of Magicband came out with geolocation features (where it displays your name on interactive elements, locates you for food orders, etc.) and that is the norm now. The 1st generation bands are no longer sold.

This is another evolution of the Magic Band and it's exciting 🙂

Nothing wrong with the current ones though and I'm sure they'll be sold for some time yet.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alansmed View Post
Oh I can definitely see the appeal. If enough people buy them, the light up effect during the fireworks could be fun to watch. But it's just not for me, I also don't like magic bands generally. Looking forward to getting my anniversay KTW card.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List