Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Is a single jab enough for the over 12s
Hope so...
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Hope so...
Me too…

…but we don’t know yet
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

That's the million dollar question that we need an answer to, as far as travel goes that is.
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
packmanuk
Trading Disney Pins

I've been told my daughter's school isn't going to offer the jab at all. It's a private independent school.

I thought all schools had to offer the jab as now it means there's no way she can get a jab as it's only available in school.
packmanuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by packmanuk View Post
I've been told my daughter's school isn't going to offer the jab at all. It's a private independent school.

I thought all schools had to offer the jab as now it means there's no way she can get a jab as it's only available in school.
I really don’t understand how some schools are offering the jab in one area and 20 miles away another school hasn’t heard anything. My son (13) breaks up for 2 weeks on Thursday and still non the wiser.
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Wow, that’s not great As you say, there’s no alternative option for her getting the jab. I know of a few private schools here who are offering vaccinations so how frustrating that yours isn’t.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
packmanuk
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Wow, that’s not great As you say, there’s no alternative option for her getting the jab. I know of a few private schools here who are offering vaccinations so how frustrating that yours isn’t.
I think it's an absolute disgrace. I'm thinking of going to the local papers about it. Basically the school are playing God and not allowing my child to be vaccinated against a disease that's killing people.
packmanuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

I think it's an absolute disgrace. I'm thinking of going to the local papers about it. Basically the school are playing God and not allowing my child to be vaccinated against a disease that's killing people.
I’m sure you have already exhausted options but have you contacted the schools nursing/imms service that would cover your area? I know in our area of Hampshire the community provider has given a contact email for queries and catch up clinics etc.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

That’s shocking. DS is at a private school and they are having theirs next Monday. It was supposed to be the day they got their flu dose but that’s been delayed so they get the covid jab instead.

Fortunately Monday is just over 28 days since DS had his +ve pcr test but lots of them won’t be able to have the jab as they had covid too recently and several of them are still off with it. Hopefully there are catchups/alternatives available somewhere.

You’d think the school would be encouraging the pupils to get jabbed, not making it hard for then 🙁
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List