Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Oct 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

1 night 1 bed then 7 in a 2 bed...luggage

Hi

So, not too sure this belongs on this page really but thought its really only something DVC owners have probably done so best to start here.

Full story is, we have 72 points in the International Policy extension thingy, those become available to us in February.

Mum has a BLT booking for May, she has it in writing from the chat people that if she calls in Feb, they will reallocate the 72 points and free up 72 of her 2022 points. All good so far.

We are booking for October but because of the 50% borrowing rule, we will be 9 points short for a 2 bed standard view for 8 nights. We are short because we can't access the 72 until Feb, by which point I'm not sure on the chances of getting a 2 bed for the one night we would need.

So, we can either buy 9 points as one time use or we could book a 1 bed for the first night then 7 nights in a 2 bed (if in Feb the first night is available as a 2 bed, we could swap). If we book a 1 bed, we would be planning to be in a park at checkout time... would bell services take our luggage for us?

That's a whole load of info for a simple question! Any opinions/ideas about our scenario welcome, also if anyone has 9 BLT 2022 points to sell... let me know!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is the first night your first night in Orlando? If so, I would consider booking a cheap off site hotel (assuming you have transport) and just move to the 2 bed the next day. Book a cancellable rate and if you can get the extra night in Feb then you are all sorted.

Bell services will hold your bags for you in either scenario regardless.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Is the first night your first night in Orlando? If so, I would consider booking a cheap off site hotel (assuming you have transport) and just move to the 2 bed the next day. Book a cancellable rate and if you can get the extra night in Feb then you are all sorted.

Bell services will hold your bags for you in either scenario regardless.
Hiya,

it is our first night but we won't have the car yet, we pick it up from DCC a couple of days later. I think I'll book the 1 bed for night 1 and hope that in Feb there's a 2 bed I can switch to, no problem if not as there's just the 4 of us.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bell services will store it for you but you might also find that the 2 bed is ready & you can move straight there
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Bell services will store it for you but you might also find that the 2 bed is ready & you can move straight there
SD
Good point, it'll be work asking anyway. Always up at stupid o'clock on day 1 so can pop down and ask.
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Good point, it'll be work asking anyway. Always up at stupid o'clock on day 1 so can pop down and ask.
We have never had a room ready early at BLT (it’s our home) so I wouldn’t bank on it.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I can probably free up 9 BLT 2022 points if it helps you?
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I can probably free up 9 BLT 2022 points if it helps you?
If you'd be interested in selling as a transfer I'd defo be interested. Feel free to PM me. Thank you