Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Oct 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dopson
Helping Mickey

Sixt - cancellation fee / review?

Hello all.
Shocked at the prices I'm seeing.

We are doing 8 days at wdw, then on to port Canaveral for a cruise then 5 days at universal.

I originally planned to hire from the port and drive to universal and have the car for the last five days but I'm finding a cheaper deal hiring prior to the cruise so was going to drive to the port and park there then drive back to universal.

It's with Sixt though who we have never used. I'm trying to work out if we need more insurance from them, their cancellation fee (previously used car hire has been free to cancel) and what Sixt are generally like.

I'd appreciate any comments.

We are traveling Sept 2022.
dopson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You need to have LDW or CDW included - this covers damage to the car and Liability Insurance LI/SLI of $1million to cover you for third party claims.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dopson View Post
Hello all.
Shocked at the prices I'm seeing.

We are doing 8 days at wdw, then on to port Canaveral for a cruise then 5 days at universal.

I originally planned to hire from the port and drive to universal and have the car for the last five days but I'm finding a cheaper deal hiring prior to the cruise so was going to drive to the port and park there then drive back to universal.

It's with Sixt though who we have never used. I'm trying to work out if we need more insurance from them, their cancellation fee (previously used car hire has been free to cancel) and what Sixt are generally like.

I'd appreciate any comments.

We are traveling Sept 2022.
Email Andy at DFCH with your dates/requirements and ask for an offline quote, many Dibbers are now booking via Andy's offline quotes. andy@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
Old 3 Nov 21, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We've used Sixt this time - booked through a cashback site. It included the LDW and SLI insurances. Booked a full size as it was last minute and just for the 2 of us - apparently they were short of that size so we've got a Rav 4 for under £300 for 11 days - Winning 😃!
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have had and am still having an absolute nightmare with Sixt car hire and will write a thread when I get satisfaction. They are the most inefficient bunch of crooks I have ever come across hiring a car in Florida and I will never use them again.

Grumps Mrs Our first car they offered had 7 dints, scratches and damage marked on the rental agreement and after careful inspection we found 8 more - it was a RAV4. We refused it point blank. That wasnt even the start of our problems with them and they still haven't finished.

Edited at 12:48 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for that stanleycamel. We'll definitely watch out for that - we did video the car before we left the parking garage, so I'll let you know how the drop off goes next week!
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Grumps Mrs View Post
Thanks for that stanleycamel. We'll definitely watch out for that - we did video the car before we left the parking garage, so I'll let you know how the drop off goes next week!
We dropped off at B Terminal and they flatly refused to give us a receipt saying it would come by email within an hour - the email with the basics duly arrived in time but all in French! i managed to translate the part that said we would receive a full invoice within 4 days but we already know they have overcharged us and it is now in Andy's (DFCH) capable hands to sort out as we booked through him.

Also we had to insist that they checked the car out before we left and that it the petrol tank was full as per our agreement. So please allow enough time to return the car and be prepared. I won't even start on the problems we had picking the car up yet - I will post when everything is sorted out as it isonly fair to Andy to give him time.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

Sixt have consistently poor reviews. Personally I avoid their cheap bait and switch prices. They are making their money in other ways 🤷🏼
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Dropped off the car yesterday - the agent checked the car over and fuel level. Said we'd receive the e-mail invoice within 45 minutes, it had already arrived by the time we reached the check-in desk. The e-mail stated this was an interim invoice and the final would be within approx 3 days.
Have to admit we were a bit wary after stanleycamel's warning! However at 11pm tonight the final invoice arrived with no unexpected charges, so overall it was a very straight forward rental .
It wasn't the newest of vehicles, but certainly not bad enough to rule out using them again, especially if their prices remain competitive.
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Grumps Mrs View Post
Dropped off the car yesterday - the agent checked the car over and fuel level. Said we'd receive the e-mail invoice within 45 minutes, it had already arrived by the time we reached the check-in desk. The e-mail stated this was an interim invoice and the final would be within approx 3 days.
Have to admit we were a bit wary after stanleycamel's warning! However at 11pm tonight the final invoice arrived with no unexpected charges, so overall it was a very straight forward rental .
It wasn't the newest of vehicles, but certainly not bad enough to rule out using them again, especially if their prices remain competitive.
Glad it worked out for you OK. I received my final invoice after 4 days - yet again all in French. I have been overcharged by Sixt and the invoice is now in Andy's (DFCH) capable hands as we booked hrough him to chase a refund for us.