Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We were on a main road and needed petrol as it was about to run out. Couldn’t find a garage and DH says we’ll take the next turn off wherever we are. We took a turn onto a road that wasn’t on the map and came to a big gate and fence with a big entrance. A man in uniform came to the car and announced we were at the State Penitentiary and to drive away NOW. Eventually found a petrol station but we were running on fumes by then.
Eek 😂🙈
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I have done that too. I was sat on a flight at Manchester airport, just about to take off to Paris when it dawned on me that I only had the high heeled boots that I was wearing as I had forgotten to pack any others. We had to find a shoe shop after we had dropped our stuff at the hotel to buy me some comfy shoes for sightseeing. DH is still convinced I planned it so I could buy new shoes.
Good plan 😁😂
We arrived on a Sunday so I awkwardly waddled to dinner that evening with my husbands shoes on. Bear in mind I'm a size 3 and he's an 11.
In the morning he went and purchased new shoes for me too.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Best thread for ages thanks
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Passport are a theme here. Get to the airport, long line to check in for the flight, ahead and behind us. Get to the desk and no passport, frantic racking my brain while husband totally stresses - oh they must be in the bum bag I had kept them in to take to the parks for ID. Mass rummage in our cases to find bum bag. Now to squeeze every last second out of our trip I had literally thrown armfuls of clothes into the cases, so every single bored person in the check in queue is watching my knickers fly left right and center. Thank goodness we had taken advantage of the washing machine and it was all clean.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
In 2019 we went my sil and her family, so 8 of us in total. We were the experts and this was their first visit.
We were so pleased with our idea to laminate the universal tickets. Until we were in the queue on the first day and realised the heat from the laminator had wiped all the info on the back required to enter the parks. Imagine me saying don’t worry it will all be fine, with 3 adults and 4 kids just looking at me.
Guest services were amazing and thank goodness I had details of our tickets and booking. They reissued new tickets.
We did this for a theme park in Holland… it was horrific seeing the tickets come through the laminator all black and illegible! I rang them up and luckily they spoke good English and said I could get some more when I arrived!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
When we were due to go in 2016 we really should’ve been upgrading the car, nothing wrong with it just getting a bit older than we’d like, but thought what the hell let’s go Florida!
Roll round departure day, we’re all excited to be spending the night before our flight at the airport hotel, all the kids strapped in, suitcases and bags squished in. I pulled out of our road, all singing we’re all going on holiday. I turned to my husband and said thank you so much for all the over time you’ve done, it’s going to be worth it! Kids all clapping, smiling and ... the car cuts out. I manage to restart it but it won’t accelerate! I manage to turn around and limp it back down the street to our house. We all sort of sit in stunned silence and our middle boy piped up, ‘ does this mean we’re not going? .’ Well that’s it I look at my husband and he can see my tears are starting to show so he says, ‘ of course we’re going, motions to me to get out of the car.’
I ring my sister as bil is a mechanic and they say they are on the way. 10 minutes later she rings back and says they’ll just use 2 cars to take us to the airport and he’ll sort our car while we are on holiday. We we’re so relieved and it just reinforces our plans of always heading to the airport the day before our flight.
Roll on an hour or 2 of my sister cursing me as she was already gutted they weren’t coming with us and now they had to watch us check in and actually enter the airport !
We then drive round to the premier inn at airport way, it’s now dark and as we park up and all get out of the cars we are faced with this view.

media-cdn.tripadvisor/me...on-gatwick.jpg

To which middle son pipes up again and says, ‘ mummy are you sure this is the real Disney world? .’ Not quite son, not quite!
We decided as sister, bil and niece were there they would stay and have dinner with us, which after the stressful trip resulting us arriving later than planned, ended up being McDonald’s in the premier inn room 🙄 Not the relaxing restaurant meal I had planned.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

First year we went, we had booked a private villa, pick up keys at the management offices on the 192. No problem. Only thing was, we didn't realise that zip codes don't work the same way post codes for satnavs, and it took us to a shady looking strip mall with an out of business management company office. Major panic, until I realised that I'd spent a long time on google street view and none of what was near looked right! Back onto the 192, and I swear I've never been so happy to see a massive orange! Once I spotted that I got my bearings and we were fine!

Later that trip, we went to Tampa for a ball game. As we were driving back, Chris complained his eyes were a bit itchy. It was late, he was tired, no biggie. Until we woke up the next morning and he looked like he'd got 10 rounds with Frank Bruno! He could barely see, his eyes were so swollen. That led to my first experience driving in Florida, and a quick trip to Centricare. Allergic reaction to something - no idea what, as it's never happened again. But just an examination, 2 jabs and a couple of tablets were around $500 - so glad for travel insurance, and the NHS!

Finally, last time we went to New York, we hired a car to go out to the Nassau Coliseum to see Metallica. Following day, we decided to do a little bit of sight seeing since we were never normally out that way. About lunchtime, I got a message from a friend, wanting to know if I was ok - yeah, fine, why wouldn't I be? That was the day some idiot drove a car into Times Square! Plus side, we were out the way and safe. Down side? Trying to get back to drop the car off was a nightmare, as Times Square was still closed, meaning the roads around it were even more snarled up than normal!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
2 memories stand out -

Our very first trip in February 2016, our Sons would have been 11 and 8. We picked up our hire car hadn’t exited the parking garage yet. DH handed me his wallet complete with driving licence, he said to me ‘I am giving you my wallet’. I then got out of the car to pick up a car seat and promptly forgot the wallet in my lap which fell onto the ground. We went to exit the parking garage and DH was asked for his driving licence. Huge panic resulted. However, a lovely kind person had handed his wallet in and all was saved. Phew.

Second memory is of DS2 a year or so later telling us he was hungry during after hours Halloween event at Magic Kingdom. We kept feeding him then this all ended up in a huge vomit just left of the Castle on Main Street. Very embarrassing. Disney were amazing they appeared with sawdust to absorb and gave him a bottle of water.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I’m renowned for mild drama. Not really Florida related just travel in general

Went on a hockey tour to Holland aged 15 without my hockey stick

My school nickname was knickerless as I always used to forget knickers and I was always wearing my friends spare clean knickers. When I was a gym instructor I used to teach a lot of spin so would leave the house in bike shorts so no knickers. My mate who taught at the gym used to pack a spare pair for me! They were borrowed regularly

Have left my passport on seats, on the toilet roll holder, all sorts.

In fact I was only in Sheffield the other weekend and this happened

Missed my train getting it back and my husband had to rescue me from Stockport
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We were on a main road and needed petrol as it was about to run out. Couldn’t find a garage and DH says we’ll take the next turn off wherever we are. We took a turn onto a road that wasn’t on the map and came to a big gate and fence with a big entrance. A man in uniform came to the car and announced we were at the State Penitentiary and to drive away NOW. Eventually found a petrol station but we were running on fumes by then.
We ended up there one trip lol😆
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List