Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Nov 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I would also look into the ramifications if they were no longer friends and you would be out of pocket if she didn't come.

A friend of mine bought her daughter and a her friend on a week away with a group of us ( 15 year old) two days in she decided she wanted to go home,as she wasn't keen on the food, didn't want to join in with anything and missed home.
She did stay eventually but it was draining.

I am not saying this could happen to you , as many families have great holidays with their children's friends .

I would just go in eyes open.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Honestly no I don’t think you can at this stage.
My best friend and I used to go on holiday together all the time. I am much older than my brothers so it made it easier for my Mum. And her Mum used to take me, to keep her company once her big sister stopped coming.

Whoever’s holiday it was paid in full.

I think maybe just hope they offer, or gently suggest a bit of spending money, but I think asking for money for food is a bit odd
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we took my daughters best mate with us to tenerife when they were both 14

we were AI so most costs covered but we did eat/drink out a few evenings & we just picked up the bill

she brought her own money & did offer each time but seemed a bit petty to ask her to pay

she bought some clothes & presents for her younger brother & sister with her money

i would also add a few of my daughters other pals i would have refused to take them as they are hard work... make sure you & yours get on well with her daughters friend... its a long week / 2 weeks if not...

Edited at 03:40 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I can sort of speak from the other side as I was asked when 15 to go with a friends family. My parents paid for me to go but I remember how it was once we came home. Bare in mind this was 28 years ago and my parents where given a bill for around £30.00 a day for food.

My handbag including my spending money/camera was stolen when there so there was another bill for any spending money I used for drinks.

I personally wouldn't charge food if I had invited someone. I've taken my niece away and said if there is anything she wanted above and beyond I'd sort it out with her mum but likes of food/snacks are just normal everyday.
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Same here.
And here
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We took our teen niece and nephew to Fuerteventura once. Their Dad paid the holiday and gave them spending money, but when it came to sitting in cafes, I just couldn't bring myself to ask them to pay 2 Euros for their coke etc.

The result was my nephew took home cash and put it in his bank, and my niece spent all hers on an expensive handbag at the airport on the way home!
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mum says she wants to make contribution. If it were my daughter I wouldn’t allow her to go if I wasn’t paying for her. Mum and I have been friends for over 20 years so we do know each other very well. I only asked the friend to come really because her twin was going away with another friend and we did think it would be a better holiday for daughter than just being with us !
I hope I don’t live to regret it !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
We took our teen niece and nephew to Fuerteventura once. Their Dad paid the holiday and gave them spending money, but when it came to sitting in cafes, I just couldn't bring myself to ask them to pay 2 Euros for their coke etc.

The result was my nephew took home cash and put it in his bank, and my niece spent all hers on an expensive handbag at the airport on the way home!
Bless em 😂😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I know we are all different but I couldn't charge anyone for food etc if I have asked them to come, its not going to make much difference for another one will it, I am a softy I know but I couldn't do it 😊
Yeah, that'd be my position too.

I extended the invite, I'll cover (most of) the expense, certainly including meals.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

We took our daughters 16 year old friend. We had an apartment with full cooking facilities. We paid for all the food for the apartment and the two meals out when we went together.
The deal was that if they went out on their own they paid for their meals and drinks.
We often walked into town together but went to different restaurants/bars.
But often met up to walk back together to play cards on the patio.
We didn’t ask for any money. However, she had been friends with our daughter since reception.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List