Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I’d disagree about the servers at Disney operating at a higher level. I’ve had incredibly good service both in and outside Disney. One of the worst we ever had was in Tusker house who was not only poor put different things through on our bill. We were on the dining plan so he didn’t see why we should have been bothered that it didn’t match. However he was trying his best to get us to tip the higher percentage of an inflated bill so it made a difference to his tip. I adjusted the bill and paid the lower recommended amount. Still a decent tip but less than he’d have received had he been honest in the first place.
Even the best service companies will deliver bad service on occasion, or at least the occasional customer will believe they have.

I've had a bad experience in The Dorchester on Park Lane, but I wouldn't use that to say that it's a bad hotel that consistently delivers at that level for all guests. It wouldn't be what it is today, if my experience was typical.

I can only say that since my first visit to WDW back in the mid-80s, across 30-40 return visits over the years since, I have found the quality of service at WDW to be above the level I've experienced almost anywhere else.

Has absolutely every experience been exceptional? Of course not, no. But there is a consistent level that I believe to be truly world class.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 11:05 AM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
There is someone in our party who will have a few beers and then expect the bill to be shared equally even though I may of had only one drink, the other half is tea total. If things are itemised it just makes it easier to work out the bill and pay for what I have consumed, not others beer's.
You can always ask for separate bills, the servers are normally happy enough to do that.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
I have been travelling to Florida for a fair few years, back in the day a 'normal' tip was 15% and good service got 18%. Now that prices are significantly higher how come the percentages have gone up, 18% for normal and 20% for good.
When we first went it was 10%, with up to 15% for exceptional service.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
There is someone in our party who will have a few beers and then expect the bill to be shared equally even though I may of had only one drink, the other half is tea total. If things are itemised it just makes it easier to work out the bill and pay for what I have consumed, not others beer's.
Ask for separate bills. When we went with DS and family, we sat together but we often ordered in 2 parties so we got 2 separate bills.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
I have been travelling to Florida for a fair few years, back in the day a 'normal' tip was 15% and good service got 18%. Now that prices are significantly higher how come the percentages have gone up, 18% for normal and 20% for good.
I was wondering this!

Over here I tip if the service is good (i.e. better than just doing the job). In Florida, I accept their custom that you tip unless the service is bad.

When I was last there in 2015 we thought of it more along the lines of the 15% being the minimum you should tip unless there was something wrong with the service. As such we tipped something like:

15% - Service was OK, wasn't bad but wasn't exactly great either.
18% - Pretty good service. Definitely would deserve a tip over here.
20% - Service was brilliant. Can't clone the server so a good tip will have to suffice.

From reading the posts on here it seems that 18% is the new 15% and 20% is the new 18%?
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by assos View Post
I was wondering this!

Over here I tip if the service is good (i.e. better than just doing the job). In Florida, I accept their custom that you tip unless the service is bad.

When I was last there in 2015 we thought of it more along the lines of the 15% being the minimum you should tip unless there was something wrong with the service. As such we tipped something like:

15% - Service was OK, wasn't bad but wasn't exactly great either.
18% - Pretty good service. Definitely would deserve a tip over here.
20% - Service was brilliant. Can't clone the server so a good tip will have to suffice.

From reading the posts on here it seems that 18% is the new 15% and 20% is the new 18%?
Yes, in 2019 25% was the new 20%!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Ask for separate bills. When we went with DS and family, we sat together but we often ordered in 2 parties so we got 2 separate bills.
As long as that wouldn't alter the tips I might do that as there are 6 of us.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You’d each have suggested tips on your individual bills which are directly proportionate to the charges on that bill.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Yep! Just remember to ask upfront for separate checks when you're ordering - totally normal and they are very used to it over there. It's much harder for them to give you separate bills at the end and try to figure out what each person/group had on what check.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes there were 6 of us too, lots of meal either we paid or DS paid but on the times when we had separate bills the tips worked out the same as the server would have got anyway.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX