Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Nov 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
No I didn’t either. Wish I had just saved the payments myself now. I did check the avro site and my payment record is showing the correct amounts. I really didn’t think the process would take so long.
Thanks for replying, I feel the same. Friends and family are with Octopus and all are happy with the customer service so I'm just hoping it sorts itself out. This is the second time our energy provider has gone bust, I suppose we should be used to it by now!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I sent both readings in but although the electric showed fine as being read they wanted another gas reading yesterday. Electric showed as being moved over already the gas took a day or so longer. I had a confirmation email yesterday saying they had received the meter reading and I would received a statement within 48 hours. Should be sometime today. They have been very good, DS is with them and is very pleased with their service.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I received an email from Octopus today saying Welcome as a Customer with hints andtips about settling into my new account as a previous Avro customer. I had already checked the account yesterday and as yet there has been no change today but it does look as though the cogs are turning - even if it is a bit slowly.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Anyone on here an (ex) Igloo customer. I switched away just before they went bust (my switch literally completed the day before), but not heard a peep since still waiting on a final bill and credit refund, which I guess EON.Next will be sorting but it would be good to know something is happening...
Old 9 Nov 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by assos View Post
Anyone on here an (ex) Igloo customer. I switched away just before they went bust (my switch literally completed the day before), but not heard a peep since still waiting on a final bill and credit refund, which I guess EON.Next will be sorting but it would be good to know something is happening...
I’m in the exact same position as yourself. I switched to EDF a couple of weeks before they went under. I had an email to say my balance would be transferred to me within a week, but then nothing. I contacted them and was told that I should have been sent an email to inform me of the transfer of funds to EON, but again I never heard anything. I’ve got to admit to being somewhat annoyed by this as my balance should have been returned before they went out of the game and I’ve no way of knowing when I may get my money back.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Minor victory here. So Energy have agreed a £400 refund. Still £250 in credit.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just a quick update I have received an email today from Octopus telling me that they will take my direct debit on or around 26th November. The amount is exactly the same as what I paid Avro and there is nomention about sorting out the difference of my credit balance or about the payments that have not been taken since Avro went bust.

I was starting to get a bit impatient about the lack of action but it does seem that things are moving albeit slowly. So watch your emails.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Just a quick update I have received an email today from Octopus telling me that they will take my direct debit on or around 26th November. The amount is exactly the same as what I paid Avro and there is nomention about sorting out the difference of my credit balance or about the payments that have not been taken since Avro went bust.

I was starting to get a bit impatient about the lack of action but it does seem that things are moving albeit slowly. So watch your emails.
That’s been available on the website if you log in your account for a while. I upped my direct debit from what they had indicated it would be (same as I was paying Avro). The credit will be moved across they have mentioned this in numerous emails and in details on your account . Maybe you just haven’t looked in the right place. I’m very happy with the service so far. It will take time, we have to be patient.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Have we any idea on the Octopus front if we do have to do something now with the DD's.

I feel that part is lacking as so conflicting with the email we got saying not to do anything but then their website saying to set one up.

I did think after nearly 2 months it would be a bit more sorted.
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

I was just going to post to ask if anyone had had an update from Octopus as we haven't. Logging in to our account it just has the same message that the switch is underway. Last email was 24th October. 2 payments have been taken since Avro went bosoms up. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Thanks
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List