Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
When I was travelling in America in late 2017, my first destination was of course Orlando as I was solo travelling and I thought I would do a week in Orlando to break me into the travels as I knew the area.

Went to Universal on my first full day and rode the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Ride. As you do, I placed all my belongings in the lockers. When leaving the ride, I realised I had everything but not my wallet... my wallet which had ALL my credit cards in, a small amount of cash, and most importantly my driving licence (needed to get the hire car as I was swapping cars after Florida).

I ran straight back to the lockers area and this area (as I am sure most of you know) can be chaotic and a bit crazy at the best of times. Anyway, my wallet was nowhere to be seen in the locker. By this point, I was beyond stressed and almost on the floor having a panic attack. I then see a wallet in the corner of the locker room and SCREAMED in relief. I grabbed it and immediately knew it wasn't mine as it felt thick and I opened it to see well over $2000 in cash and an ID of a young man.

By this point, I was almost having a full blown panic attack as I had no money, no credit cards, nothing and for a split second I was tempted to take some of the cash in the wallet. My conscious came through and I couldn't do it so decided to hand the wallet into Guest Services Lost and Found. My wallet wasn't anywhere to be seen and I was told to check at the end of the day.

I spent the next few hours searching the entire area of Harry Potter Land... I looked an absolute mess. Panicking, stressed, manic... after a good 2/3 hours I checked with Lost and Found and some ANGEL had handed my wallet in with all my cards in tact and to top it off the young man whose wallet I had found had left me $50 for handing in his wallet without taking/stealing anything!

The amount of relief I felt after seeing my wallet in Lost and Found... I could have cried
Wow! I'm SO glad you got it back.
Good karma that, testing you! 😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Very first trip in 2015 and made the mistake of collecting our car from the Disney Car Care Centre the day we landed - we were all exhausted!

DH gets himself comfortable in the car, checks mirrors etc and off we go…only to be driving on the wrong side of the road! It was only when DH saw oncoming traffic that he realised!

Haven’t made that mistake again since 😂
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Very first trip in 2015 and made the mistake of collecting our car from the Disney Car Care Centre the day we landed - we were all exhausted!

DH gets himself comfortable in the car, checks mirrors etc and off we go…only to be driving on the wrong side of the road! It was only when DH saw oncoming traffic that he realised!

Oh nooo! 🤣
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

One incident that stands out in my memory is when we went Florida with our neighbours when I was a kid. The dad was so useless and he literally made loads of f**k ups the entire holiday. The funniest one though was waking up one morning and the villa kitchen was FULL of bubbles, literally knee deep over the entire kitchen! My mum went absolutely mental and we later found out that the dad had put dishwasher tablets in the washing machine 😂
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Reading this thread between my fingers as some of these stories are giving me the fear!

Will add mine…

I am the organised one who sorts all the travel and ensures everyone has stress-free travel and I hadn’t gone wrong, until…

2019 in WDW and we buy a caramel apple to share. We have a bit but then see a short queue for a ride but was asked to put the caramel apple away. No problem, it’s in a container so I sling it in my bag where it gets completely forgotten about. A few hours later, we’re sweltering in the heat waiting for Festival of Fantasy parade to start and I reach into my bag for some water, only to plunge my hand into the stickiest mess. What on earth is that, we think? Ah, it’s the caramel apple that has melted and seeped out of the container.

Oh well, not a problem, we have wipes so proceed to take everything out of my bag to wipe it all down and remove the sticky residue. All fine, enjoy the parade and then we rush off to our next fastpass.

A short while later, we go to pay for something and I cannot find my purse. Or my glasses. Or loads of other things. The panic starts rising! Usually I spread out valuables across multiple bags or in the safe but hadn’t done it on this trip so am sweating at the thought that my purse is missing with our travel money card, cash, credit card, you name it. Oh, did I mention it was only Day 3 of the holiday?

We re-trace our steps and remember the clean down at the parade so we head back, no sign of anything. I was convinced we must have thrown it away with all of the wipes so we flag down a custodian who very kindly helps us rummage through the bins. No joy.

I’m close to tears now replaying scenarios in my head and thinking we were going to be completely stranded, no money, no ID etc.

As a last resort, we head to guest services but wait in the longest ever queue. After about 45 mins, we finally reach the front and my absolute relief, everything had been handed in and not a penny was missing.

Definitely Disney magic right there!

And to add insult to injury, our PhotoPass pics come through on the app later and you can see (when zoomed in), all of the bits I lost, that for some reason, I didn’t put back in my bag sitting around my feet! D’oh!

DH hasn’t let me live that one down…
Oh my goodness! So so happy for you being able to get it all back!
I don't blame him tbh, it's pretty bad 🤣
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
One incident that stands out in my memory is when we went Florida with our neighbours when I was a kid. The dad was so useless and he literally made loads of f**k ups the entire holiday. The funniest one though was waking up one morning and the villa kitchen was FULL of bubbles, literally knee deep over the entire kitchen! My mum went absolutely mental and we later found out that the dad had put dishwasher tablets in the washing machine 😂
🤣🤣 Oh my gosh
Old 21 Nov 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post

Friend of mine did that her first day back at work after three weeks in the US . I was freaking but very casually said “er Jacqui, you’re on the wrong side of the road” as I really didn’t want to make things worse.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Chiming in with passport disasters I've got a different one . Not us but my brother. His passport fell down a gap at the check in desk Manchester airport, and someone had to take it apart to retrieve it! Don't ask me how that happened 😂
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List