Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Nov 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Oh my goodness. Well, not funny at the time but definitely something to laugh about later.

Mister 01 is fabulous!
Not to be missed. We went to the one that’s hidden away in a locked shopping centre. It was all very secretive 😂
I love Yard Bird too. Matador Room is a must do for us. It’s soooooo pretty on the terrace and the food is fantastic.
Looking forward to your updates
Have an amazing trip. I’m incredibly jealous!

Have you got plans in Miami Beach?
It’s quite fun to just hire the CitiBikes and cycle from top to bottom stopping along the way. Also, the Segway tours with Bike n’ Roll are really fun

Edited at 01:17 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Oh my goodness. Well, not funny at the time but definitely something to laugh about later.

Mister 01 is fabulous!
Not to be missed. We went to the one that’s hidden away in a locked shopping centre. It was all very secretive 😂
I love Yard Bird too. Matador Room is a must do for us. It’s soooooo pretty on the terrace and the food is fantastic.
Looking forward to your updates
Have an amazing trip. I’m incredibly jealous!

Have you got plans in Miami Beach?
It’s quite fun to just hire the CitiBikes and cycle from top to bottom stopping along the way. Also, the Segway tours with Bike n’ Roll are really fun
I may have a Mister 01 update coming very shortly! I actually got the recommendation from your report

We have bikes included in our resort fee so definitely plan to do some cycling! We’re going to do the Duck Tour too and also a day around Little Havana and Wynwood. We’re so excited!

Thanks for reading
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We’re here!

The flight was pretty good and went quite fast. It would’ve gone even faster without a 1.5 hour delay however we did make some time back in the air. We both watched the new Cruella which we thought was really good. There were also a lot of marvel films and the new Aladdin, it was one of the best selections I can remember seeing on a plane!

The first drinks service came around; I had rum with orange juice, W had another gin and tonic, and we both got the obligatory mini pretzels. I forgot how nice these are (or is it just because you have them on the plane to Florida?!).

Lunch was served pretty early, I think just before 12 UK time - I think they felt a bit sorry for us after having been delayed and not moving for quite a while. The options were given over the speaker (no physical menus): lemon and thyme chicken or vegetable chilli. I went for the chicken and W went for the chilli. They also both came with a strange pot of vegetables, chickpeas and yoghurt(?) plus a chocolate and salted caramel pot.

W said that his chilli was nice but then he tried my chicken and said he had regrets! For plane food, mine was pretty nice. The chicken didn’t tasted lemony at all though, but came with a nice risotto and carrots. I don’t like chilli so I didn’t try any of it but W said it was fine but not as good as the chicken!

I didn’t touch the chickpea concoction as W said it was a bit weird and in any case I don’t really like things like that. I did however finish off the chocolate pot which was really good! We both devoured those.

A couple of hours before we landed, we also got an afternoon snack which consisted of a rather sad looking chicken caesar sandwich (just half) and a Kit Kat. Surprisingly, the sandwich actually tasted nice. The vegetarian option was hummus and tomatoes instead.

Sadly there were no bread/crackers and cheese on the flight

Overall, after the delay, the flight was good and had some decent entertainment options. I was overjoyed to land back in Florida and we made it through Miami airport really easily. I somehow chose the perfect spot on the tram to immigration and walked out directly opposite the escalator so we were first in the queue! We had to wait a long time for one of the bags but after this we got an Uber really quickly. Much simpler than I thought the airport would be.

Edited at 03:40 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We are staying at the Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club on Miami Beach for 5 nights. We booked an ocean front room and requested a high floor. I am pleased to say our request was honoured and we have an absolutely fabulous room! It is huge, nice and modern, and has a fab balcony/view. Here are a couple of pics of the room itself and I’ll show you the view better tomorrow (as we arrived as it was just going dark):

There is a pretty hefty resort fee at the hotel however it does provide free bicycle hire, beach loungers, pool loungers, gym access, water etc. so at least you get some useful things!

We unpacked and then decided to walk down to south beach to explore. We’d already ear marked Mister 01 for dinner tonight after seeing it on another dibb report

Mister 01 have a few Miami locations however the south beach one is pretty hidden within a locked shopping/office building. Luckily I watched a vlog a few weeks ago where people showed how to get in or I’m not sure we’d have found it!

When we arrived it was completely full (not hard when they only have around 16 seats). The staff are lovely though and told us to come back in 30 minutes and they’d have a table for us.

We therefore decided to walk to Yard House which is around 3/4 mins away for a quick drink. There is also a Yard House in Orlando for anyone interested. I ordered a Pineapple Express which was pineapple vodka, pineapple rum and fresh pineapple. This didn’t taste strong but I definitely felt like it was W also stuck to the pineapple theme with an ACE pineapple cider. I don’t think either of us are usually massive pineapple fans but clearly we fancied it tonight!

We both really enjoyed our drinks (they came to approx. $23 including tip) and then walked back around to Mister 01.

Mister 01 don’t have a huge drink menu so we just had soft fizzy drinks here as we’re not huge beer/wine drinkers and the Prosecco was $10 for a small glass so that was a no from me For our food, we both knew we were getting their ‘star’ pizzas where they essentially stuff the crust with ricotta.

I ended up with the Star Luca which is spicy salami and mozzarella with the star shaped ricotta edges, and W had the Star Beckham which was bacon, onions and ranch, again with the star shaped ricotta edges.

These pizzas were soooo good. They were completely different to one another but both very, very good. We agreed the star shaped edges were better on the Star Luca because they also had salami stuffed in them which added to the taste.

The bill was as follows:

Definitely one on the return list for whenever we come back to Miami!

We then got the free trolley back to the Cadillac. We’re now currently relaxing in the room trying to stay awake as late as possible…

Tomorrow we are booked at Yard Bird for brunch (yes, there’s a Yard House and a Yard Bird in Miami…!).

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So pleased you made it safely and they managed to make up most of the delayed time. The Hotel looks lovely and your dinner looks delicious! We loved Yardbird, the short ribs are ridiculously good and the fried chicken was amazing, the biscuit sliders were tasty too. Have a great day!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Oh wow those pizzas look delicious. Glad the flight was good and that you got through immigration quickly. Your hotel room looks great, looking forward to a daytime view.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So glad you have arrived. The plane food looks ok but no cheese and biscuits…, sometimes that’s the only reliable thing, especially on the return journey 😂

Your hotel looks lovely and those pizzas look amazing.

Hope you are not up too crazily early this morning.
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yay you’re there!

The plane food looks a bit disappointing to me.

Your hotel is stunning!

And we are big Yard House fans!

Mister01 looks fab.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
So pleased you made it safely and they managed to make up most of the delayed time. The Hotel looks lovely and your dinner looks delicious! We loved Yardbird, the short ribs are ridiculously good and the fried chicken was amazing, the biscuit sliders were tasty too. Have a great day!
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Oh wow those pizzas look delicious. Glad the flight was good and that you got through immigration quickly. Your hotel room looks great, looking forward to a daytime view.
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
So glad you have arrived. The plane food looks ok but no cheese and biscuits…, sometimes that’s the only reliable thing, especially on the return journey 😂

Your hotel looks lovely and those pizzas look amazing.

Hope you are not up too crazily early this morning.
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Yay you’re there!

The plane food looks a bit disappointing to me.

Your hotel is stunning!

And we are big Yard House fans!

Mister01 looks fab.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Thanks all I’ve been fighting to get back to sleep since around 4am but I’m so excited I’m really struggling! W is still fast asleep though so that’s good. Maybe a power nap on the beach will be in order for me this afternoon

Sparksy, I’m almost certainly having the fried chicken today, although I’ve seen videos of the ribs a few times and they look amazing!

Karen, you’re right, the plane food wasn’t the best and I think they’ve definitely cut down since the pandemic, however it was totally edible and I was happy with the chocolate elements I’m hoping there’s cheese and biscuits for the return leg - as Rescuer says, they can be the only reliable thing sometimes!

Edited at 11:51 AM.
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We’re here!

The flight was pretty good and went quite fast. It would’ve gone even faster without a 1.5 hour delay however we did make some time back in the air. We both watched the new Cruella which we thought was really good. There were also a lot of marvel films and the new Aladdin, it was one of the best selections I can remember seeing on a plane!

The first drinks service came around; I had rum with orange juice, W had another gin and tonic, and we both got the obligatory mini pretzels. I forgot how nice these are (or is it just because you have them on the plane to Florida?!).

Lunch was served pretty early, I think just before 12 UK time - I think they felt a bit sorry for us after having been delayed and not moving for quite a while. The options were given over the speaker (no physical menus): lemon and thyme chicken or vegetable chilli. I went for the chicken and W went for the chilli. They also both came with a strange pot of vegetables, chickpeas and yoghurt(?) plus a chocolate and salted caramel pot.

W said that his chilli was nice but then he tried my chicken and said he had regrets! For plane food, mine was pretty nice. The chicken didn’t tasted lemony at all though, but came with a nice risotto and carrots. I don’t like chilli so I didn’t try any of it but W said it was fine but not as good as the chicken!

I didn’t touch the chickpea concoction as W said it was a bit weird and in any case I don’t really like things like that. I did however finish off the chocolate pot which was really good! We both devoured those.

A couple of hours before we landed, we also got an afternoon snack which consisted of a rather sad looking chicken caesar sandwich (just half) and a Kit Kat. Surprisingly, the sandwich actually tasted nice. The vegetarian option was hummus and tomatoes instead.

Sadly there were no bread/crackers and cheese on the flight

Overall, after the delay, the flight was good and had some decent entertainment options. I was overjoyed to land back in Florida and we made it through Miami airport really easily. I somehow chose the perfect spot on the tram to immigration and walked out directly opposite the escalator so we were first in the queue! We had to wait a long time for one of the bags but after this we got an Uber really quickly. Much simpler than I thought the airport would be.
You’ve arrived!
I’m so excited for you.
I must say I have little patience for people moaning about plane food. On the whole, it’s uninspiring but relatively edible and it breaks up the boredom. However…
What we’ve seen in recent posts and vlogs looks pretty bad! I think the BA offering does look a little better than VA and AA though. We even commented that we’d probably take a Pret picnic onboard if we were flying at the mo.
I saw that random yoghurt/chickpea/broccoli pot in a video last night and thought it was a bit odd.
I appreciate things might be streamlined at present but come on!

Anyway, the pizzas!
Yum! I really want to have one right now. Our Uber driver couldn’t work out where it was but was determined to track it down.
Such great food and the price is excellent too. When you think of what a CS meal costs especially.
I’m so pleased you enjoyed it.
Have a great day today.
Did you watch the rubbish being picked up along the beach as the sun rose? OH likes that. Must be his inner 3 year old although he likes to sit on the balcony and have a coffee at the same time which might not be ideal for a 3 year old…

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List