Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
My cabin case was selected to be searched when I was connecting at Heathrow.
I presumed it was due to the six Bath and Body Works 3 wick candles I was carrying but no, the scanner showed up an item that looked like a banned ninja throwing star It was something rather less exciting (photo below) The security officer took it round to all his colleagues and they had a good laugh!

Did they “let it go” 😎
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
As a kid, I decided to bring my cat I got from Build A Bear on holiday with me and I put it in my hand luggage. Trouble is, it had a meowing voice box in it that went off when you pressed its stomach. Security were a bit alarmed and thought I had a real cat in there.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As a teen I went to Tunisia with my parents and some of their friends- the whole plane went through security- including my parents whilst I was kept back on my own, the officers had my passport and the document showing where we were staying and kept asking me questions. One of them was stroking my hand and telling me he would come to my hotel and look for me, I was terrified but thankfully my Dad realised and came back and they let me go.

My other weird and quite scary experience was leaving Israel. I'd been on an educational visit to Yad Vashem (the Holocaust museum) with a group of educators. We had been given lots of teaching materials and books and told we must say we'd bought them as they wouldn't let us get them through security if they knew they were gifts.

Somehow the officials decided I was the spokesperson for the group and bombarded me with questions. I stuck to what we'd been told and insisted I'd bought my books. One of the other teachers said they were gifts and I was then taken into a room and really questioned and my case thoroughly searched and the books tested for explosives.

One of the others in the group had bought a ceremonial sword as a teaching artifact and they were happy for that to be in the hold luggage but had a problem with my books!
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Our issue is self inflicted. As a teen my son would travel in shorts, then put cargo trousers over the top, he didn't like bags, so his pockets would be full - book, mp3 player, sweets and snacks. Rather than empty all the pockets he would insist on just taking his trousers off. It always stopped everyone in their tracks seeing this teen undo his belt and drop his trousers. He got pulled over by security each and every time, but never put 2 and 2 together
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

In around 2008 we were in the arrivals Hall at Orlando International at the front of the queue when a whistle went off. All the staff just stopped what they were doing and sat or stood still. There was one security person with a gun standing on a platform. Every one waiting was just quiet wondering what was going on. Then after a few minutes they went down the line of passport control officers each one saying clear. Then they said thank you and returned to normal.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
We were travelling from Manchester to Dublin in 2009 and my DS was 18 months old. As we went through security they indicated that they wanted to pat him down and that I wasn’t allowed to stand with him. I didn’t want him to get upset so my DH and I stood as close as we were allowed to when this 6ft 5in security guard came over. He was asking DS to hold his arms out so he could pat down his torso, of course DS had no idea what to do, so DH and I were miming putting our arms out to the side in the hopes that he would copy us. This went on for several painful minutes until DS threw his arms around the Security Guards legs and hugged him - he thought that was what we were asking him to do! 😂 The Security Guard didn’t know what was going on and in the end just let us all go.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
This is not a nice one i'm afraid

Not long after 9/11 we were in the line to get our passports checked. A woman wearing an open hijab style covering was just before us with her children.

Three armed officers were walking down the line just chatting to each other. They got to this lady, pulled her out of the line and all three were throwing question after question at her. They then started to laugh at her and were being incredibly rude. The lady looked so embarrassed and upset.

People all around her were beginning to murmur and look at what was going on. Eventually the three officers went on their way but the sneers and smirks they had on their face have stayed with me for a long time now.
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

One of my friends is half ≈≈≈≈stani and half Scottish and looks very Arabic he flew home (solo) from JFK September 10 2001.

His next trip to the US was for our wedding in 2007 he flew solo via NYC sporting a rather splendid but incredibly scruffy beard. He was questioned at JFK for nearly 5 hours before allowed to continue
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
DD has a PG tips monkey who has a big Instagram following for his travels. As we went through security at the airport he was pulled out and frisked against the wall, made a great picture 😆
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List