Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Nov 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Yes it does! Thank you so much.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I didn’t book my holiday until mid September so that means I should be covered by my insurance. Off to read the fine print. Thank you once again. 🤗
Originally Posted by mandevillepete View Post
That’s so helpful Mick. This means I booked this trip after the FCO advice changed so should be covered
You've got to be so careful with the T&Cs of travel insurance.

Because of our age (75) and both being post cancer I need to do a lot of research and market testing as we typically pay over £800 for annual cover.

Our Staysure policy back in June 2020 didn't matter when you booked the holiday in terms of FCDO advice - it was only if you travelled against FCDO advice that the policy was invalid.

So part of my renewal market testing I thought I'd got a good price from "this is not ordinary travel insurance this is ... ". They certainly EXCLUDE cover if you booked during adverse FCDO advice. Even if you had your flight cancelled and rearranged if the flight carried the same flight number as that booked during the adverse advice you're not covered for any subsequent cancellation.

A big risk if you fail the 3 day pre-departure test.

Mick
Old 6 Nov 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

If that's the last time the status changed, I'm OK too as I booked post that date. Thanks for the info!
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There was so much happiness at my post about the timing of the FCDO email that I just wanted a bit more reassurance so I searched for my post that I made at the time

An hour before the Gov UK email - how prescient am I then ?

Mick

Edited at 08:51 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KazMT60
Earning More Ears

After doing some insurance research, I’ve had this reply from Aviva.
KazMT60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Is there a way of getting historical information about the date the advice changed? I was so pleased to read Mick’s post about the change of date for the FCO advice as it means we have more choice for our insurance (we booked flights at the end of July), but the Gov.uk website only shows the latest advice, not the detail of the change in early July.
I was hoping for a copy of the bulletin or something definitive, just in case the Insurance company get awkward if there was a need to claim
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I hadn’t considered this. I booked flights when travel was banned as booking terms allowed flexible booking, I don’t yet have travel insurance as I’m looking at an annual policy and seems silly to start it before I need it. I was planning on upgrading my Nationwide account to Flex plus as the cost of that was comparable to other quotes I’ve had and I’d get breakdown car cover too which I don’t currently have… best go through the policy with fine toothed comb! I’d assumed advice at time of travel would be key.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve had to do an awful lot of digging for this as I thought I’d booked when the advice was against travel.
I do know for sure that Avanti & AA will insure you but you’ll probably have to ask the question first as it’s quite vague.
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Staysure have the option to add this to your policy