Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Nov 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Little update from my last..

So at this present time its 12pm in Orlando.

Of the "decent" rides, the only one offering any LL bookings:

Toy Story Mania - 2.55
Tower of Terror - 7:05pm

So one slot is 7 hours away, and both aren't even as busy when you compare it to SDD/Smugglers Run/RNR..

From my current conclusion is, frankly Genie+ in HS is a white elephant and probably not worth it. I've kept refreshing as suggested and there hasn't been much movement
Just to add to this. We went to HS this morning for early entry. We arrived at 8.30am and rode MMRR x 2, TSMM x 2 plus ToT all before 10.30am with no Genie+

A few days ago we arrived at 8.30am and rode MMRR, TSMM, had breakfast, watched Beauty and the beast, rode ToT, had a wander around and looked in the shops then watched Frozen Singalong all before 1pm.

We have heard several families complaining that they set their alarm to book LL rides at 7am, a morning time comes up but by the time the6 click through it’s a late afternoon time and they are out at 8am with little ones and no LL rides until late afternoon which is no use to them. I’m sure there’s ways to make it work, but having been here for 10 days now we have found the best way for us is early entry, leave at lunchtime, back to the resort for swimming/rest an£ then out in the evening again. We will pay for RotR at Xmas and possibly 1 or 2 others but won’t bother with Genie+ at all.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I have read a complaint email sent to WDW by a seasoned WDW goer on another fan board.
Their main problems -

7 am wakeups. Having to wakeup all the family to decide which rides to choose because of lack of G+ and ILL availability.
Stressful and exhausting not what you want to do on holiday.
Lack of G+ availability after 10am
Lots of glitches - email codes and logging out and back in.
The G+ times change while in the process of booking from 9am to 5pm
ROTR/FOP ILL not available at 7am.
Difficulty with park hopping/dining reservations when reserving G+ selections.
Being on the phone all day.
They won't be back until things have changed.

Pretty much all my concerns.
I hadn't really stopped to think about the first point. To be there for 7am you'd probably have to get up a fair bit earlier so around 0630. On a vacation its the last thing you want to do
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Just to add to this. We went to HS this morning for early entry. We arrived at 8.30am and rode MMRR x 2, TSMM x 2 plus ToT all before 10.30am with no Genie+

A few days ago we arrived at 8.30am and rode MMRR, TSMM, had breakfast, watched Beauty and the beast, rode ToT, had a wander around and looked in the shops then watched Frozen Singalong all before 1pm.

We have heard several families complaining that they set their alarm to book LL rides at 7am, a morning time comes up but by the time the6 click through it’s a late afternoon time and they are out at 8am with little ones and no LL rides until late afternoon which is no use to them. I’m sure there’s ways to make it work, but having been here for 10 days now we have found the best way for us is early entry, leave at lunchtime, back to the resort for swimming/rest an£ then out in the evening again. We will pay for RotR at Xmas and possibly 1 or 2 others but won’t bother with Genie+ at all.
Thanks for the real world update. Sounds like the park opening/early entrance strategy still works, even at one of the busiest times of the year. Hope you have a lvely time for the rest of your trip

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It seems like MK has the most value, purely because of the most attractions. To get the most of Genie+ you either need to be up and booking from 7am, or visit on a mid-busy day. It seems if it is a very busy day (like this week when most parks are at capacity), you are going to get a lot less rides done. If you also then visit at a quiet time, then it's hardly worth using Genie+.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Thanks for the real world update. Sounds like the park opening/early entrance strategy still works, even at one of the busiest times of the year. Hope you have a lvely time for the rest of your trip
Thank you

We have just adjusted our body clocks half way between ‘U.K. time’ and ‘US lazy days’ time (which is when we used to wake up and go out when we came here on holiday), so that we are up and out early and go to bed early. It’s only early if you tell yourself it is 😉 🤣
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I hadn't really stopped to think about the first point. To be there for 7am you'd probably have to get up a fair bit earlier so around 0630. On a vacation its the last thing you want to do
We never stayed in bed later than 5am last time, our body clocks never seemed to adjust!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I will be trying out genie plus on the first few days of our trip this week, starting Wednesday. I have a U.K. 14 day ultimate but going for 3 weeks so bought a 6 day from undercover tourist for the price of 4 days including genie plus. I will see how it goes starting on Wednesday and let you know. Hopefully thanksgiving crowds may have subsided by then.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

One way to help would be to make it that you have to be in the park to make your first LL choice.

That’s the way it was with MaxPass in DL and I’m surprised they didn’t continue that.
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

This might be an unpopular opinion but as you all know I love controversy.

It seems not even being on property is much of an advantage, with even 7am being a sell out..

So, in the interests of fairness, how about Disney put a cap on the amount of independent lightning lane purchases per user? My train of thought is if you have a family who over say 14 days has bagged ROTR 3 times, whilst their next door neighbour who is also here for 14 nights has failed 3 times in a row, thats not entirely fair.

It certainly would help those experience it for the first time as opposed to the usual vloggers/regular visitors to the park also.

I personally think 1 per 7 days is certainly fair, as it would at least potentially allow others to enjoy the magic.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post

And that is how we have done parks throughout our ten vacations and counting. It really is not that difficult to get up early!

We are always, but always there at ropedrop and with objectives in mind.

We are generally out by lunchtime/early afternoon as the hordes arrive, taking advantage of either water parks or other activities before a ‘happy hour’ planned early dinner, where discounts are considerable.

We sometimes return to parks around 1830-1900 as the hordes are leaving and thus, generally hit the big rides again and until closing.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:52 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List