Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Date Night

DH and I had date night on Saturday night. We went for a meal and then to the cinema to watch 1917- have to say a fantastic film well worth watching. We had the VIP seating for the extra space, but the guy in front of me's seat was broken and he spent the entire film pressed against my knees The woman behind me kicked the back of my seat constantly throughout the film!

We have been married for 31 years and still go out for date nights. Do all you Dibbers still go out on date nights? I only ask as we were chatting to the waitress at the restaurant and she said she thought it was cute that old people still have date nights I didn't know to laugh or cry at her.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's great and wished we did. It's our 13th wedding anniversary tonight and we've not even had a takeaway.

My card to him is still unopened and his to me is still in the shop 🙊

Enjoy your date night - I'm jealous 😝
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I think it's great and wished we did. It's our 13th wedding anniversary tonight and we've not even had a takeaway.

My card to him is still unopened and his to me is still in the shop 🙊

Enjoy your date night - I'm jealous 😝
Aw happy anniversary from me. I love date nights with DH we usually end up having a great night out, I am looking at booking a night at the greyhounds next. DH decided Saturday's (ex military so HAS to watch a war film! )

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Old people - cheeky mare !
We have started to go out a lot more. We too went to see 1917 on Saturday. Great film ! We never had babysitters when the children were growing up so never went out. We now try to go out together once a month and plan a few overnight stays this year.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Old people - cheeky mare !
We have started to go out a lot more. We too went to see 1917 on Saturday. Great film ! We never had babysitters when the children were growing up so never went out. We now try to go out together once a month and plan a few overnight stays this year.
I know right?! I am 52 and DH 51 so not old, but I suppose when she was only about 18 we would come across as old lol.

This is the same as DH and I, when he was in the army we lived away from family so didn't leave the kids with babysitters very often.
We were away 10-12 January in Manchester in our favourite hotel.
We love having a couple of days away to unwind and just be together. Off for a week in Fuerteventura soon sooooo looking forward to that!

Jane
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I had never heard of such a thing until I came on here.
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
I know right?! I am 52 and DH 51 so not old, but I suppose when she was only about 18 we would come across as old lol.

This is the same as DH and I, when he was in the army we lived away from family so didn't leave the kids with babysitters very often.
We were away 10-12 January in Manchester in our favourite hotel.
We love having a couple of days away to unwind and just be together. Off for a week in Fuerteventura soon sooooo looking forward to that!

Jane
Dont worry, if she thinks your old, by her standards she is coming up to middleaged then! Date night is dicussed a lot in our house, but we never seem to get around to it, something gets in the way... we did say we would endevour to go out once a month this year... we havent yet! I also said i would read a book a month this year... havent even picked one up so far. We do go often for a planned coffee at weekends, as opposed to getting one while we are out and about, so i guess that could count...sort of... 🤭🤔🥰
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We occasionally have them but not that often. We had one last week and went for a meal to celebrate being together 25 years. My children are just coming to an age where the eldest will soon be able to babysit so hopefully we’ll be able to spend more time together.🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I don’t call them date nights, but I do go out with my partner quite often for meals out, cinema or late night shopping. Or we spend the day out together somewhere nice (we are 24&26!)

My partner’s parents are in their 50’s and have been together for around 30 years and they never go for meals out or to the cinema together, they don’t even go shopping on the weekend or anything, but it suits them. They have occasionally started going for a McDonald’s!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

We have said we should do this. Thing is dd used to do a lot with us as she didn’t really have friends but also dd and I would do a lot together and dh would do his own thing. So now suddenly dd has friends and a bf and I’ve been kicked to the (not dropped yet 😂sorry my own joke) kerb. Dd keeps making digs how dh and I will have a boring time without her but she forgets we had a life together before the kids. Every Saturday we go out for lunch and every Sunday we go for a well known coffee for breakfast.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List