Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
As I have said before and has been proved in my case for Easter 2022, the key to great prices may be to look at a map of the USA, pick a location with a convenient major airport nearby that you have always wanted to visit … and spend two or three days there on your way in to Florida. With places such as Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Detroit, NY etc, you won’t even need a car.

Whilst prices into and out of Florida generally and Orlando specifically are currently ludicrous for Easter 2022, I am flying into Toronto (I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls ) and out of Miami for £490pp inc hold luggage. The 4 hour flight from Buffalo to Orlando is £120pp inc baggage, so £610 in total. We have 3 nights oop North and 12 in Florida.

Thinking laterally can save a family of four a great deal… and broaden horizons at the same time, in fact as time has passed, the detours are now more important than ‘phase Orlando’ to the extent that next Easter may be our last visit.
We always go indirect sometimes with few day stops, sometimes not but always on 1 ticket n find this much cheaper too
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m so hoping so. We’ve had last year and this year cancelled and now hoping next year will be the year we fly again! I’m thinking August for 3 weeks, indirect but will only book either the airline now. The days of using a third party TA are over the fight and stress to get money retuned isn’t worth the slightly cheaper deal on today’s Covid world.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I’m in too how do you subscribe again to these threads(been awhile since we had one of these).
Thanks OP for starting this - it feels somewhat normal and exciting
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I’m in too how do you subscribe again to these threads(been awhile since we had one of these).
Thanks OP for starting this - it feels somewhat normal and exciting
As you have made a post on this thread you should be subscribed automatically but if you want to do the same for other threads - go to the top of the thread and there is a small box marked Thread Tools and you will get a small drop down list and you will see "Subscribe to this thread" as a choice and follow it from there.

I'm certainly watching this thread with interest too.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

U wint automatically get an email when someone posts even if u have posted, u have to do what u said above still
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
U wint automatically get an email when someone posts even if u have posted, u have to do what u said above still
If I post a remark on a thread I haven't started or commented on before I automatically get emails about it and this is indicated on the index of threads by a small blue tick box on the right hand side of the thread title. I have never had to choose to subscribe to a thread I have posted on. How odd.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Now this is something to get excited about!

(I'm really only posting so this thread appears in my subscribed list)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nublar
Trying for More Ears

Nublar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hoping for direct flights from Dublin in June/July as heading with my fiancé’s younger brother who has ASD and really struggles with airports - don’t think we could manage indirect. Villa is already booked so hoping for a decent price!

Lake Davenport 2008, Lake Davenport 2010, Chatham Circle 2013, West Coast and Vegas 2014, Indian Point 2015, New York 2016, Emerald Island (Dad's 60th Halloween Surprise) and Cali 2017, High Grove Villa 2022
Nublar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We’re in too, for July 22 (3rd time lucky).
Like others have said we go indirect, stay flexible with dates, and often take a few days in the airport we arrive in.
Fingers crossed for everyone for next year.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
yes we are looking for next summer too. Will stay flexible with dates and airports.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List