Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Accessibility and carers ticket

Hi there - never been to DLP before but looking to take our 15 year old daughter for her birthday next year. She is disabled and I am looking for info from anyone who has travelled there on top tips, hotel recommendations and how the priority pass works. I read on their website they offer a free carer ticket. Has anyone experienced this? All info very welcomed. Thank you
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, I have not been for a couple of years, so don't know if the situation has changed. In the past I have always bought an Annual Pass as it is cheaper. I show them my Disability info and they put a disabled symbol on my pass and provide my Priority Pass. To get the free carer ticket you have to queue every day at a ticket booth to get the free ticket. It can be a lengthy queue time if you are going in the school holidays. With regards to the Priority Pass, you go via the disabled entrance. You either queue there (usually a short queue) or are given a ticket with a time to return. I am hoping that the system hasn't changed too much as for me it was great.
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We last visited in October 2019, when we booked our hotel package I mentioned my sons disability and after sending proof they deducted the price of my 3 day ticket.
At check in we were given an access pass which was valid for the length of our stay. On this occasion we stayed at Cheyenne but we have previously stayed at Disneyland Hotel and some off site ones too. We were allocated an accessible room which was great, the bathroom was huge and DS was able to manoeuvre his wheelchair around easily. When booking I asked wether we could have twin beds as obviously didn’t want to share with DS, we we given the connecting room at no extra charge which was a bonus.
We never used the buses to go to the parks but preferred to walk/wheel, it took about 15mins. We are hoping to visit again in the next few months and would like to stay at Sequoia Lodge or the new Marvel hotel.
We didn’t find anything negative with the access pass, we were able to walk on to most of the rides after a 5minute wait but I guess it would depend on when you’re planning to visit.
If you’re early risers then the use the early park entry and have a later breakfast, we love being in a near empty park and it’s far easier to navigate without any crowds.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lolly1981
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
We last visited in October 2019, when we booked our hotel package I mentioned my sons disability and after sending proof they deducted the price of my 3 day ticket.
Can i ask what sort of discount you got? i have just sent of our proof but was wondering what the price off those tickets would be. we have a 2 night 3 day stay so i am guessing its 3day pass too
Thanks in advance
lolly1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lolly1981 View Post
Can i ask what sort of discount you got? i have just sent of our proof but was wondering what the price off those tickets would be. we have a 2 night 3 day stay so i am guessing its 3day pass too
Thanks in advance
When we went in August '19, we went 3 nights, 4 days and were given £184 off. Back then they did the discount pretty much right away. Now you have to wait for a refund. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lolly1981 View Post
Thanks in advance
I can’t remember the exact figure but it was about £80. Also the accessible room only had a double bed in the Cheyenne. I asked could I have an extra bed as obviously didn’t want to share with my adult son, at check in they had allocated us an adjoining room at no extra cost. It was great having all the extra space for his wheelchair etc.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfan
Trading Disney Pins

Hi- I am staying at an off site at a partner hotel but am going to the Marvel hotel for dinner on the day of arrival (not going into the parks on this day.) If I take my doctors note into the marvel hotel with my annual pass do you think they will be able to sort out my disability pass even though I am not staying there as a guest?

Edited at 07:00 PM.
goofyfan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla

Apparently from December, Disney is changing it's disabled policy. No more free Carer ticket. A 25% reduction for the disabled person and their carer (if it's proved they need one).

ed92/en/new-accessib...neyland-paris/
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonia and Tom
Dancing with Tink'

I just posted this on another thread but thought it might be useful here too based on our current experience……….

we have found the information out there a little confusing in relation to the tickets for a disabled child and a carer as it stands right now. We saw on the DLP website that we could get a discounted ticket for our disabled son however the discounted prices that DLP sent me for 4 days calculated to £325.31 (the prices were banded based on the time of year you visit). We got a price for a 4 day ticket from Attraction Tickets and it was a heck of a lot cheaper at £206. I contacted DLP regarding this and they agreed that it would be cheaper to buy the ticket from Attraction Tickets.

With regards to the free carers ticket, we have read this morning here on the Dibb that you can only get the free carers ticket if you are purchasing a discounted day ticket for a disabled child. I have contacted DLP again to clarify this as based on the prices above we have now purchased the 4 day ticket via Attraction Tickets. They did say we should be ok as long as we provide proof that I am a carer and proof of my child’s disability. The lady I spoke to didn’t fill me with confidence but we will run with it and see what happens 😬

My last point/issue is that although I do really appreciate that at the moment the ticket for a carer is free, I am a tad anxious that as my sons carer we may have to queue up every day at guest relations to get the free ticket for myself. Our sons disability is autism so queuing can at times be an issue. They offer you the card to avoid queuing when in the parks so you would think they would have thought about this when it comes to a carers ticket if you can prove you are there for more than one day. I have also contacted DLP twice about this and both times got a different response. The first being that yes I would have to just suck it up and queue every day. The other persons I spoke to said that it might be arranged locally to give me a 4 day ticket but we will have to see what guest relations say when we get there. The queues at guest relations on weekends at the moment look really busy and we are there in the school holidays 😬

If anyone can offer anything further on the above I would appreciate it
Sonia and Tom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla

I haven't been for a couple of years but last time I went I asked and also a thorough backwards and forwards to Disabled Guest Relations via email, and the response was the same, DLP were adamant that you had to queue every day to get the free carer ticket. I explained to them I can't stand, the queueing for the ticket cuts down on the few hours a day I can spend in the park etc and they advised that it was a day by day basis. I have only taken advantage of the free ticket a couple of times as the queues are bad as we are usually there in school holidays..