Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
To those who have lost weight, when did you notice?

I’m just curious when you guys who have lost weight started to notice when you lost weight.

I’ve lost almost 10kg and can’t say I’ve noticed it at all. Not in my clothes or appearance. Maybe it’s too early still, I dunno. Hence why I’m curious?

I’ve also got a hell of lot to lose so maybe that’s also why.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

That is a great question Hexagon but I will say You will be one of the last to know, other people will tell you that you are but because you are living with it every day it is harder to see, however you will get there so do not give up.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Sometimes I don't even notice. One thing that makes it quite obvious is my passport photo. I was 3 stone heavier when it was taken and you can definitely see the difference in person. I've still got a couple of stone to lose but I am at a point now where I have to remember how far I've already come. I'll admit, I only notice the difference in my face. From my perspective my body doesn't seem to change even though I'm sure it does.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Been trying to lose my ‘Covid stone’ and have this morning changed my everyday trousers from the size 12 to my size 10 ones as they were too baggy 😆
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Damnit I was hoping you’d tell me very soon lol. Oh well, hopefully I’ll be soon to bathe in all the compliments that will be coming my way, when other people notice lol.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

well just wanted to say well done - that's a great loss so far!
I'm always told that it's roughly a stone per dress size, but not sure how accurate that is and I guess it depends how and where you carry your weight!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve lost 3 stone this year and have another to go. I’m a healthy BMI now so weight loss has slowed down and I’m not putting pressure on myself to lose the rest.

I could see it in my face after about 3 months, I’ve put selfies together to see the change and it’s visible. It’s most noticeable when I try on clothes; a size 14 is now too big and was tight at the start of the year.

This may sound awful right now, but I’d recommend taking some photos of yourself in your underwear to hide away and look at in a few months. I didn’t do it and regret not doing so. I took measurements instead but it’s not the same as being able to see the results.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
This may sound awful right now, but I’d recommend taking some photos of yourself in your underwear to hide away and look at in a few months. I didn’t do it and regret not doing so. I took measurements instead but it’s not the same as being able to see the results.
Wish I had done this, really good idea for motivation.

Op - I know how your feeling - I lost about 10kg in the past couple of months - I’m only just noticing clothes are a bit baggy.
Well done for losing what you have

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

When i got to the end of the school term and my clothes were baggy (started losing weight in january). Ive dropped 2 sizes 18 down to 14 but i still look and feel fat. I want to lose more and actually see it in my eyes.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

It all depends on your start weight and how much you lose in perspective. I used to weigh 24 stone, so its at least 5/6 stone before people notice.
Im size 8-10 now. Even 20 pound covid gain is noticeable as was the loss of it - so I was back to normal.
I also do 15 hours swimming a week and that tones and shows faster than weight loss alone
GOOD LUCK x