Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
But my old rate is meaningless, energy costs have gone through the roof and, like everyone else, we'll have to pay the increased costs. I'm not moaning, I'm just eager to find out the new cost and start paying it.
Sue

I've come back to edit my post, I said I'm eager to find out the new cost, obviously because I want to avoid building up a big bill.
I think the point was that you will still be paying the old rate until you get transferred. Given the old rate is no doubt cheaper than the new one its better for the transfer to go more slowly.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Maybe I'm missing something here but surely whatever gas and electric I use will be charged at the higher rate, regardless of the amount my old direct debit collects? I'll be delighted if I'm wrong!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here but surely whatever gas and electric I use will be charged at the higher rate, regardless of the amount my old direct debit collects? I'll be delighted if I'm wrong!
You should be charged at your current rate until they move you onto the new one

The is from uk gov webpage

I’m a Bulb customer, will my bills now be instantly going up? 
Bulb customers would not see any immediate rise to their energy bills if the company is under Energy Administrators.

Edited at 11:42 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
You should be charged at your current rate until they move you onto the new one

The is from uk gov webpage

I’m a Bulb customer, will my bills now be instantly going up? 
Bulb customers would not see any immediate rise to their energy bills if the company is under Energy Administrators.
Well if that's the case, I'm happy to wait! 😊
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Are we supposed to get a final bill from our old supplier and that account ‘finished’ properly?

My old company was Peoples energy and I was in credit and I’m now with British Gas who are busy taking monthly payments (albeit changing the amounts left right and centre!) but I’ve not heard anything at all about the closure of the old account and I’ve no idea who to speak to about it?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrews Dad
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Are we supposed to get a final bill from our old supplier and that account ‘finished’ properly?

My old company was Peoples energy and I was in credit and I’m now with British Gas who are busy taking monthly payments (albeit changing the amounts left right and centre!) but I’ve not heard anything at all about the closure of the old account and I’ve no idea who to speak to about it?
We too were moved from Peoples Energy to British Gas, this is from the BG website;

"What happens to the credit I had with my previous supplier?
The good news is that domestic customer credit balances are protected by Ofgem regulations. The administrators of your previous supplier will finalise your account with them, and provide us with the details of what credit balance remains, which we'll then be able to apply to your new British Gas customer account. However, it may take a while for your credit to be transferred – in our experience, around two-three months or even longer."

So it's just a matter of waiting for the process to run it's course.

As for the varying direct debit amounts, BG initially set up ours based on their Peoples Energy tariff, but then increased this by another 50%. When I logged onto my BG account, they were estimating I'd have overpaid by over £1000 at the end of the contract(based on previous usage). I've now amended that amount back in line with what I'll use.

British Gas FAQ's
Andrews Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andrews Dad View Post
We too were moved from Peoples Energy to British Gas, this is from the BG website;

"What happens to the credit I had with my previous supplier?
The good news is that domestic customer credit balances are protected by Ofgem regulations. The administrators of your previous supplier will finalise your account with them, and provide us with the details of what credit balance remains, which we'll then be able to apply to your new British Gas customer account. However, it may take a while for your credit to be transferred – in our experience, around two-three months or even longer."

So it's just a matter of waiting for the process to run it's course.

As for the varying direct debit amounts, BG initially set up ours based on their Peoples Energy tariff, but then increased this by another 50%. When I logged onto my BG account, they were estimating I'd have overpaid by over £1000 at the end of the contract(based on previous usage). I've now amended that amount back in line with what I'll use.

British Gas FAQ's
Thank you for that, that’s really helpful. 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

What about the energy price cap?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
What about the energy price cap?
In what respect?
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Hope you’re not going to be much longer. I received a cheque in on Friday from E.on.
Hopefully! 🤞 I did notice they’ve updated the FAQs with estimated timelines. Now I just have to hope the postman is having a good day and manages to find my postbox 🙄