Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Sorry for another question. I’m not travelling until April. Can I apply now and then wait until April for my interview on arrival. Does the 5 year period start from the interview and do you have to complete the interview with a certain time period of conditional approval?
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Sorry for another question. I’m not travelling until April. Can I apply now and then wait until April for my interview on arrival. Does the 5 year period start from the interview and do you have to complete the interview with a certain time period of conditional approval?
Definitely do it now before it gets busy again. You can apply, get conditional approval, then you have 2 years to book and complete your final interview.
Your five year membership starts at the interview.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

You can apply now - you have 1 year to arrange the interview from the acceptance if memory serves. Yes the 5 year period starts when you get approved after the interview, I just logged in to check mine and it expires on my birthday and I remember I did the interview when in Boston for my birthday.

I see it's 2 years to arrange the interview from DJJ's reply - I stand corrected

Edited at 10:13 AM.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I see it's 2 years to arrange the interview from DJJ's reply - I stand corrected
They extended due to travel restrictions from 6 months to a year and now two. I also have a letter from them saying if you keep an active interview on your account you can go over the two year period - my DD's two yrs were up on 31/8 and she can't get back until Feb so fingers crossed it goes smoothly. I've been pushing her interview date along every month - it's like walking a DVC ressie

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We were in the first wave of people who had the advantage of an interview at the desk on arrival as opposed to scheduling one for a later date. I had an E Mail a week before we flew saying that they were commencing that process.

So we spoke to the Guy who tells you where to line up and he took us to another desk where we did the interview then and there. That was maybe 4 years ago if my memory serves me right.

If we hadn't done that I had a back up appointment booked for a few days later and would have driven to MCO and sorted it then. That appointment got automatically cancelled once our GE was approved.

Good system I must say. We literally take minutes to get through. Hopefully will be the same when we go next February.

Edit. Checked my account. That approval was in March 2018
Great to hear and hopefully will b the same next May. Will ask when we get to the hall about the enrolment. Otherwise I hope we will have the interview booked for the following morning!
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Definitely do it now before it gets busy again. You can apply, get conditional approval, then you have 2 years to book and complete your final interview.
Your five year membership starts at the interview.
Brilliant thanks, I’m just waiting for the US to confirm what the rules are for kids entering and then I’ll apply.
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Brilliant thanks, I’m just waiting for the US to confirm what the rules are for kids entering and then I’ll apply.
Children are eligible

cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ility/children

There is no minimum age requirement for Global Entry. However, if you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the program. Your parent or legal guardian does not have to be a Global Entry member.

Regardless of your age, you must create a Global Online Enrollment System account, pay a $100 non-refundable application fee, and schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present at time of interview.
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Children are eligible

cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ility/children

There is no minimum age requirement for Global Entry. However, if you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the program. Your parent or legal guardian does not have to be a Global Entry member.

Regardless of your age, you must create a Global Online Enrollment System account, pay a $100 non-refundable application fee, and schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present at time of interview.
No I mean what the rules will be for vaccinations for under 18s. My eldest turns 12 so I’m waiting to see what the rules will be as that will depend on whether we go or not.
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

We have GE and it’s the best thing we ever did however it runs out early next year and just wondering if we can renew on line or need to attend another interview.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

No I mean what the rules will be for vaccinations for under 18s. My eldest turns 12 so I’m waiting to see what the rules will be as that will depend on whether we go or not.
Sorry I totally misunderstood your post