Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Hey, this is something we talked about doing on our next trip. Does the interview take long? We’re going with my parents (who won’t be signing up to GE) so we didn’t want them to be waiting ages for us 👀🤣
My interview itself I don't recall taking that long but depends on how long you are waiting to see the DHS person.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
We are bringing our grandson on our next trip and we’re hoping to apply ourselves. If we are approved would we have to do regular queue or can he come with us ? His mum isn’t coming otherwise we would apply for him as well or can she give permission?
You would still have to join the main queue to do your interview on arrival. The parent or legal guardian has to be present for your grandson to complete his interview though.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Just worth mentioning that you can get TSA approved without having GE. We’ve had it on at least the last 5 trips - I assume because we are frequent travellers?
Yeah certain people are allocated it if their online check data matches certain parameters - frequent traveller is probably one of those.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Hey, this is something we talked about doing on our next trip. Does the interview take long? We’re going with my parents (who won’t be signing up to GE) so we didn’t want them to be waiting ages for us 👀🤣
We waited 10/15 mins for an officer to be free and then a further 10 to do both interviews.
Old 27 Sep 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
We waited 10/15 mins for an officer to be free and then a further 10 to do both interviews.
Ahh thank you! Really not so bad at all then. We can send my parents off to gather cases while they wait for us 🤣
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkkent
Gone all Goofy

If we were to be travelling next Sept, how far in advance would you have to apply do you think?
And do they interview you separately, or as a family unit?
Clarkkent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clarkkent View Post
If we were to be travelling next Sept, how far in advance would you have to apply do you think?
And do they interview you separately, or as a family unit?
They interviewed a family as a unit in front of me in SFO, just at the normal desk. There was 1 officer working, we had been in the queue for 2 hours 10 mins after experiencing a 'go around/aborted landing'. Get to the front - finally - and he spends about 15-20 minutes doing the GE interview for the family. Could have murdered them at that minute and every time I hear GE mentioned I remember how hellish that queue was! lol But I would jump at having GE if I didn't have an Irish passport.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Clarkkent View Post
If it's something you are sure you want to do, then do it ASAP before it gets busy again. At the peak near the end of 2019 wait times were 6-9 months. They are currently around 6 weeks.
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I have Global Entry and it's the best £42 + $100 I spent. Through US immigration in minutes (last time at MCO it was literally under 2mins from the GE kiosk printing my receipt to the immigration officer checking my passport and admitting me).

Global Entry is actually valid to your next birthday + 5yrs. My birthday is late December and I had my interview at the US Embassy in London in April of the year I was approved, so I got 5yrs 8mths validity on my global entry. (Enrolment interviews at the US Embassy no longer available - it was only a temporary enrolment center when I applied).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

This sounds like a fantastic idea. So to clarify, I could do all the applications now and then book an interview appointment for my arrival date/time in February?
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List