Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Oct 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

wanye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
new 2021 US tv show awareness thread

decided to start a thread where we let each other know about upcoming TV releases in the US that may or may not be available via "legal" means (ie iplayer/netflix/etc)

thats not to say watching these shows is illegal. regional content restrictions are a menace, and using a VPN is a perfectly legal way to get around this sort of thing, especially when combined with a US-only content provider like HBO max, or hulu. we're still buying subscriptions, we just arent based in the correct country.

anyway, the things i am currently looking forward to checking out are...

CHUCKY (episode 1 aired last night) - yep, its a tv series based on the CHILDS PLAY movies, with jennifer tilly and brad dourif

B POSITIVE season 2 (oct 15th) - thomas middleditch and annaleigh ashford sitcom about a transplant patient/support group

SUCCESSION season 3 (oct 18th but should be on sky or something too)

curb your enthusiasm season 11 (oct 25th) - larry is back again!

joe pera talks with you season 3 (nov 7th)

how to with john wilson season 2 (nov 27)

that'll do for starters. what new shows are you looking forward to?

Edited at 04:38 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Getting Excited

As a massive horror buff I'm very much looking forward to the new series of American Horror Story (series 10). The states have had it for a while but we're finally getting it soon.
popsiwinkle is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

wanye's Reviews
some things i need to investigate:

DOPESICK (hulu) with michael keaton
ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING (disney+)
THE PREMISE - BJ Novak's new thing
RESERVATION DOGS - new taika waititi tv show

also, an honorable mention to THE OTHER TWO. season 2 just finished, and it's now become one of my favourite new comedies
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

wanye's Reviews
Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
As a massive horror buff I'm very much looking forward to the new series of American Horror Story (series 10). The states have had it for a while but we're finally getting it soon.
can vouch for the first half of the DOUBLE FEATURE season. really enjoyed it. second half, we've only watched the first episode so far...

see also, AMERICAN HORROR STORIES - their new single episode shows
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
can vouch for the first half of the DOUBLE FEATURE season. really enjoyed it. second half, we've only watched the first episode so far...

see also, AMERICAN HORROR STORIES - their new single episode shows
I watched the first 2 episodes of that and it was ok but I really missed the actual Murder House cast! I'll watch the rest of them as I do like the AHS universe but definitely prefer the long form series. Glad you've enjoyed Double Feature, I've avoided all spoilers and trailers so far so going in cold!
popsiwinkle is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

wanye's Reviews
Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
I watched the first 2 episodes of that and it was ok but I really missed the actual Murder House cast! I'll watch the rest of them as I do like the AHS universe but definitely prefer the long form series. Glad you've enjoyed Double Feature, I've avoided all spoilers and trailers so far so going in cold!
at least watch the opening credits to give you a cryptic teaser of what to expect...

i love watching the opening credits of a new season to try and work out (where i think) it is all going. more often then not, im completely wrong!
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
VIP Dibber

Dexter: New Blood
Airs on Showtime Nov 7. I don't know if you can stream via Showtime in the UK or not though!
Kissimmee Pines (2003), Holiday Inn (2004), All-Star Movies (Herbie) (2007), Port Orleans FQ (2008), Saratoga Springs & Animal Kingdom Villas (2009), Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Villas (2010), Disney's Newport Bay - Paris (2011), Sequoia Lodge (2012) (2020).

Bondy007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
at least watch the opening credits to give you a cryptic teaser of what to expect...

i love watching the opening credits of a new season to try and work out (where i think) it is all going. more often then not, im completely wrong!
Macauley Culkin in it, that will be interesting.

Curb I love, didn’t realise another season was coming. Hopefully will be on Sky Comedy.
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Hopefully Leverage Redemption will come over here at some point. Also looking forward to Dexter and Walker with Jared Padalecki.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
CSI Vegas started in the US last week. Bit weird with new faces but it has the big man Grissom back!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List