Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Nov 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Disney offer ending today - what next?

I know they usually step down the offer over a period of time, eg reducing then removing the gift card etc, but with the UK WDW booking site saying the current offer ends today...

- Dining credit
- 14 days for price of 7 tickets
- $100 gift card

...what is the expected next step after this, or does it revert to a room-only price with no perks after today.

The 14-days-for-7 bit isn't worth a great deal, although it adds up for a family, of course, and the $100 obviously isn't a game changer either, but the dining credit can be useful.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Who knows? If you have booked with a TA and you think the new offer is better, can you change to that offer?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If they use the normal offer cycle, I would expect the free nights offer to begin within the next couple of weeks. Which could be more valuable depending how generous it is this year, since the nightly cost of a higher tier resort is worth more than the dining credit.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Who knows?
Well, I appreciate that no-one actually knows, but I'm also aware that there has been a regular pattern in the past and whilst "past performance is no guarantee of future performance", I was merely enquiring as to that previous pattern, so...

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If they use the normal offer cycle, I would expect the free nights offer to begin within the next couple of weeks. Which could be more valuable depending how generous it is this year, since the nightly cost of a higher tier resort is worth more than the dining credit.
...thanks, understood!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would like to see free dining offered but I appreciate there is little chance of that😀

Anything that makes a 5 night stay cheaper would be good from my own perspective.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought it was tomorrow? Oh pants. I’m still undecided

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I thought it was tomorrow? Oh pants. I’m still undecided
I only noticed by chance. I'd been putting off booking anything as to book our flights we need to phone Virgin to use our rewards vouchers and miles, and I know I''ll be on hold for hours before I get to speak to someone.

So I'll book something today with Disney, knowing that I can amend later if needs be, FOC.
1.0 50th Anniversary Package
Book by 2nd November 2021 (inclusive) a 50th Anniversary Package of Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket and a stay in one of the participating Walt Disney World Resort Hotels for a minimum of 5 consecutive nights and maximum of 14 consecutive nights for arrivals from 1st January to 2nd April 2022 (inclusive), 24th April to 24th September 2022 (inclusive), 13th November to 17th November 2022 (inclusive) and 9th December to 18th December 2022 (inclusive) and receive:

Part One
Part Two
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I would like to see free dining offered but I appreciate there is little chance of that😀

Anything that makes a 5 night stay cheaper would be good from my own perspective.
If we get free nights, it's always a 7 night minimum stay. But you could potentially get those 2 extra nights free. So might end up cheaper in the end depending on the rest of your plans?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I see Florida Residents can save upto 20% on rooms for stays in January until March 10, 2022. Annual pass holders get up to 25% off so maybe demand is not too high for early next year.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's been free nights for a number of years now, but each year the offer seems to reduce. I think it will possibly be free nights again or some sort of room discount offer. It will be interesting to see if it works out better than the current dining credit offer for us. I've only put a £50 deposit down for 1 person, so will crunch the figures and see if it's worth cancelling, losing the £50 and rebooking. If it's not, then I'll just add the rest of the family on to the dining credit offer.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List