Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Tracking BA prices October 22

I am wanting to book with BA and have been tracking their prices as they release new dates since late August

For the last month prices for 2a 2c have been £1.9k - £2.3k (LHR- MCO). In the last week (so flying out mid October) they’ve shot up to £2.8! I do appreciate its half term but flipping heck that’s a big jump and literally shot up one day. I know the world is a weird place right now but should I have foreseen that kind of sudden change?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

October half term is one of the most expensive times of the year. There will always be a big jump as you get closer to half term.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Also tracking prices and have noticed a big jump in prices. We seem to have different half term dates in Wales so I'm hoping our November return date will bring the price down slightly.

I've also been looking at flying in and out of Tampa and that seems to bring the prices down to a reasonable price.
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
October half term is one of the most expensive times of the year. There will always be a big jump as you get closer to half term.
I had no idea it would cause it to jump that much!
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Same here, the flight home I was looking at for August 2022 from Tampa to LHR shot up this week. Miami-LHR dropped a bit though. Worth playing with airports.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

I think the prices have shot up for all dates. I assume it’s so that the price drops they make for Black Friday look more appealing!
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

West coast is remaining absolutely rock steady as it has done since late August. Out to SFO and home from SAN.

Higher on Thursday, Fri, Sat Sundays (all same price) and lower on Mon, Tues We’d (all same price).

There was an increase as the Chancellor did his budget (£60pp), but this was across the board and on all dates.
Fingers crossed as I am now just 6 or so days from my intended dates..

Has there been any decent prices at 0100 on day of release (as was suggested by some Dibbers)?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:43 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

They have to increase prices as they will have a sale in December, so to be able to call it a sale, I think they have to charge a higher price for 28 days beforehand.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
They have to increase prices as they will have a sale in December, so to be able to call it a sale, I think they have to charge a higher price for 28 days beforehand.
This is what I’m hoping! Last 2 times I found bargains in December just b4 Christmas and late January 🤞🤞
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Check the ITA Matrix for your flights. Although you cannot book directly from it, take a screenshot of the flight details, of email it to your TA to find the flights for you. Or as I do, ring the airline and check with them. Flights are economy and do not include luggage.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List