Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Waldorf

Edited - I’ve booked the Waldorf

I haven’t been for what will be 8 years next year, I’m tentatively planning a return in December 2022.

Shocked at Disney deluxe prices, whilst I can afford it, the time has come where I just can’t justify the price tag any more.

I’m thinking possibly (as I toyed with before) of staying at the Waldorf. Would love to hear opinions/experiences of those who’ve stayed in the past few years or have an upcoming trip booked.

Thanks

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think we’re doing the same! It looks like a significantly superior hotel for a fraction of the cost of the Disney moderate and deluxes. Unless an incredible free nights offer crops up, I think that’s my choice

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

In fact I very nearly booked earlier but the site kept crashing

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
In fact I very nearly booked earlier but the site kept crashing
Oh no how annoying, I’ve booked through VH as the resort fee is removed and they give various discounts on restaurants etc.

It’s ridiculous I’ve saved over £2,000 than if I’d stayed in a garden view room at the Beach Club. I’m going to pay for genie+ and lightening lane access, get taxi everywhere, dine at Disney and Waldorf restaurants and still save a good chunk of money. To me it’s a no brainier.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

It’s an amazing hotel. And the steak house on site is one of the best I’ve ever been to. It’s also linked to the Hilton and they have a nice Italian restaurant there as well.
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have the Waldorf booked for 4 nights between our stay at Royal Pacific and POFQ in August 2022. I have booked Bull and Bear for DS birthday and we are so looking forward to our stay there! Looks fab.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Oh no how annoying, I’ve booked through VH as the resort fee is removed and they give various discounts on restaurants etc.

It’s ridiculous I’ve saved over £2,000 than if I’d stayed in a garden view room at the Beach Club. I’m going to pay for genie+ and lightening lane access, get taxi everywhere, dine at Disney and Waldorf restaurants and still save a good chunk of money. To me it’s a no brainier.
We’d always planned to tack 2 nights there onto the end of our trip as we all love Bull and Bear so it makes sense to enjoy the wine pairing and cocktails and mosey on up to bed!
Might as well stay the duration!
I sent the details to OH and almost pushed the button but he reminded me we still need some dates confirmed for DS. The wait to book continues!
The resort fee was $45 per night additionally with BA. I’ll check Virgin (thanks for the tip) but I kind of want to book flights and at least one hotel together and we’re going to multi city which I can’t see an option for with Virgin?