Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

ESTA with B2 visa app pending - problems experienced ?

I am eligible for ESTA and will probs have two or three trips on an ESTA before my big holiday.

However I want to apply for a B2 visa for Dec 2022 for a 5 month trip ( transatlantic cruise to USA in Dec and transatlantic cruise back home in May 2023 )

Long term travel insurance doable
House sitter every few weeks - no problem

Anyway - due to apparently long interview dates I want to apply sooner rather than later

Anyone experienced any problems with travelling on ESTA with B2 pending ? Both cruises in and out are already booked

Edited at 11:54 AM.
Stitchesmumanddad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’ve no experience but why don’t you just maybe contact the US embassy on Twitter or email & see if they can help you out
Good luck x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

Talking

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I am eligible for ESTA and will probs have two or three trips on an ESTA before my big holiday.

However I want to apply for a B2 visa for Dec 2022 for a 5 month trip ( transatlantic cruise to USA in Dec and transatlantic cruise back home in May 2023 )

Long term travel insurance doable
House sitter every few weeks - no problem

Anyway - due to apparently long interview dates I want to apply sooner rather than later

Anyone experienced any problems with travelling on ESTA with B2 pending ? Both cruises in and out are already booked
If your plans work out, you might be able to forget the ESTA and get a green card instead
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I think the wait lists in London are crazy. I saw someone on twitter, who flew to Cyprus and arranged an interview there, was done and sorted within days.

I think he arranged the interview in the Us Embassy out there, then booked flights, and was done in a short space of time. I think the wait times in London are crazy now. Im not 100% sure though
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

You could Pm ChrisS she may be able to help she has B2 visa experience.
Yesterday someone said that visa Appts for London started November 2022 and they had tried Belfast and it was similar.
So you are probably wise to start now, of course you could always be married and living in the US by then🤫😉
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
I think the wait lists in London are crazy. I saw someone on twitter, who flew to Cyprus and arranged an interview there, was done and sorted within days.

I think he arranged the interview in the Us Embassy out there, then booked flights, and was done in a short space of time. I think the wait times in London are crazy now. Im not 100% sure though
I thought you could only go to the appropriate Embassy for your nationality so would imagine the person going to Cyprus has Greek heritage.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Do Belfast still issue B2 visas, I know in the past they always had much lower wait times and people used to fly there to do it.
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mumof2
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi all, Am I missing something (probs!) I just logged into the US embassy site to book a visa appt for Hubs B1/B2 as his has expired and it states that it's not open to bookings yet...? Am I going about it the wrong way, it's been a loooong while although this would be his 3rd.Any advice appreciated, thanks
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Anyone experienced any problems with travelling on ESTA with B2 pending? Both cruises in and out are already booked
You may travel on ESTA with submitted B2 application up until the day of Visa interview

Originally Posted by mumof2 View Post
Hi all, Am I missing something (probs!) I just logged into the US embassy site to book a visa appt for Hubs B1/B2 as his has expired and it states that it's not open to bookings yet...? Am I going about it the wrong way, it's been a loooong while although this would be his 3rd.Any advice appreciated, thanks
Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs Post online application submit did you created an account via THIS link to make online payment/book appointment?

Currently the US Embassy is limiting appointments, hence why some are seeing November as the earliest appointment, they are drip feeding far earlier dates so it's worth checking around 9am on a daily basis.
Old 23 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
You could Pm ChrisS she may be able to help she has B2 visa experience.
Yesterday someone said that visa Appts for London started November 2022 and they had tried Belfast and it was similar.
So you are probably wise to start now, of course you could always be married and living in the US by then🤫😉
im been stalking the website for weeks now.. I log in every time I get my hands on my laptop. no appt seen for Belfast yet.. there was some appt show up for 1st sept last night.. but all gone by today.

sometimes I log in and it will how no appt for either London or Belfast..
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List