Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
Account Timed Out

Discover Cove - Day bed / cabana

Would anyone recommend a day bed or cabana while at Discovery cove ?

Is there much places you can sit and relax with shade ? Just thinking about the points when the kids will need a break from the sun
USAFanBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by USAFanBoy View Post
Would anyone recommend a day bed or cabana while at Discovery cove ?

Is there much places you can sit and relax with shade ? Just thinking about the points when the kids will need a break from the sun
When I went in 2006 each family unit was given a parasol and chairs etc. It's not like typhoon lagoon. If I remember there were lots of shsdey places to sit
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
VIP Dibber

We love getting a cabana. Somewhere a bit more private with your own fridge and locker
Feb 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge, April 2003 Villa - Indian Ridge, June 2003 All stars music, Nov 2003 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2003 Coronado Springs & Polynesian, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2012 Port Orleans FQ & BLT
Sep 2016 All stars sports, Sep 2019 Old Key West Resort, March 2020, Celebration. August 2020 CSR cancelled, 2021 Birthday trip
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Apprentice Imagineer

So I know other people will have been more times than us and I think this is such a personal choice but we’ve been 3 times now and the first time our littlest was 5. Each time we’ve found we were so busy all day enjoying the pools, relaxing with a drink (in the pools) and seeing everything, we hardly had time to sit down let alone do it in an area we’d paid so much more for.

For us it would have been a complete waste but like I say, it’s personal. There are plenty of shady areas under trees etc you can move sun beds to and we’ve never ‘reserved’ beds with towels for the day either because we just didn’t need to.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
So I know other people will have been more times than us and I think this is such a personal choice but we’ve been 3 times now and the first time our littlest was 5. Each time we’ve found we were so busy all day enjoying the pools, relaxing with a drink (in the pools) and seeing everything, we hardly had time to sit down let alone do it in an area we’d paid so much more for.

For us it would have been a complete waste but like I say, it’s personal. There are plenty of shady areas under trees etc you can move sun beds to and we’ve never ‘reserved’ beds with towels for the day either because we just didn’t need to.
You can drink in the pool ?!?
Manc1979 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Trading Disney Pins

We have been quite a few times and we have never had the need for a cabana, always thought about it but then when the day is over always said we were glad we never wasted money on them.

For the kids, part of the thrill is going up to the kiosks and getting there slushy or crisps etc. There are always places you can hide away from the sun for a while, although you may have to wait in them coming available.

Personally I would spend your money on something else but it is personal choice.
2019 - Trip 1 - Polynesian Isles Resort. Trip 2 - Storey Lake
2022 - Vista Cay 3rd time lucky 🤞
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We rented a cabana and loved it! We did the dolphin swim and i wanted the photo package. One of of cabana packages include photos and lots of other extras too so we went for that one and don't regret it at all! The kids loved going up to the booths to get whatever they wanted but also loved the fridge that was constantly restocked. Having a locker there was great too as you had everything right there with you.
The hammock was lovely too although they don't all have them, but just our own little personal hideaway was fab.

Its very much personal choice though. Would I like to get one again, absolutely! Would it spoil things if I didnt? Absolutely not!
MillyMoo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Cabanas are really nice, had one once in 10 visits, but really a waste for us.

So much to see and do, and plenty of different places to rest up. Bars, restaurant, pool with seats where you can have a drink, and lots of sun beads and seats.

If anything having a cabana made me feel obliged to use it, and then feel.we were wasting the day resting up! We are always exhausted after this day, yet its all so relaxing and chilled! Must be the 20 laps of the lazy river...
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Gone all Goofy

Absolutely no way would I hire a Cabana, as others have said it is very expensive & no real value to it, we are though going to try those Day beds (I think they are relatively new 2019?) as they are on offer (BF deal) at the moment & we can get our date for something like £40 & they do look comfy for 2.
Healthcare29 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
USAFanBoy
Account Timed Out

Thanks everyone

Yeah I think the cost is hard to justify given the feedback.

Daybed sounds good if I can snag it cheap.

Thanks again
USAFanBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List