Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
After the past almost 2 years, any version of Disney seems magical to me. I can't wait to go back, it will certainly be a bit different but so is everything these days!
Exactly my perspective!

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I've not seen too much about what you have said, the magic is slowly returning, shows are slowly being added back as is character interaction. As time moves on it will only get better. I'm going in September so I'm hoping most things will be back to normal by then.
Agreed - despite spending a lot of time watching WDW vlogs, listening to WDW podcasts and perusing this fine website, I've not seen any mention of this.

The DIS Unplugged's Pete is never shy at calling Disney out for letting standards drop, even though he was a vested interest in selling WDW holidays, and to the best of my knowledge even he's not made spoken about this either.

I'm happy to go in anyone else's place if they don't feel they could cope right now!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I think it's partly down to attitude. If people go there with a negative attitude they won't enjoy themselves. If they go there with a positive one, determined to make the most of the privilege of being able to afford to go there, they'll enjoy themselves.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Unsure...its not just yet.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SmurfDestroyer7
Trying for More Ears

I've been at the parks for the past week and it's still the disney we all know, the issues that you see in the parks are just a reflection on Orlando and the USA in general.

Every single hotel we've drove past, restaurant we've ate in or shop we've visited has signs in begging for staff, and off site opening times of shops have changed, Walmart isn't 24hr, some shops are only opening 11:00 - 19:00

From this week disney is still a better service than universal, prices are strange in parks but this is more noticeable in Walmart/ publix/ Target.

There are a lot of new cast members, and mistakes happens, we had a mobile order closed on us accidentally towards the end of the day and the cast member looked close to tears when she told us she needs to get them to make it again, but we told them it's fine, we could see they were busy (then got free frozen lemonades whilst we waited).

There's an issue with stock (this is shown in every news bulletin), things appear and dissappear off shelves and we've found lots of stuff in random sizes, so if you see something you want just grab it.

But would I change anything and not want to be here? Hell no, why delay something, personally life is too short and fragile just enjoy it and if service isn't what's expected just give the cast member that little bit of slack.
SmurfDestroyer7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Exactly my perspective!

Agreed - despite spending a lot of time watching WDW vlogs, listening to WDW podcasts and perusing this fine website, I've not seen any mention of this.

The DIS Unplugged's Pete is never shy at calling Disney out for letting standards drop, even though he was a vested interest in selling WDW holidays, and to the best of my knowledge even he's not made spoken about this either.

I'm happy to go in anyone else's place if they don't feel they could cope right now!
In the last episode, Pete kept saying how it’s currently a “tale of two Disney’s” - with the Cruise Line doing it right - making everyone feel safe whilst taking nothing away from the experience- and the Parks cutting back on everything whilst charging more. He said his money will be going into cruises right now.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
In the last episode, Pete kept saying how it’s currently a “tale of two Disney’s” - with the Cruise Line doing it right - making everyone feel safe whilst taking nothing away from the experience- and the Parks cutting back on everything whilst charging more. He said his money will be going into cruises right now.
Oh sure - the change of service offering and price increases is one thing, but I've not seen him on a rant about cleanliness, for example, and there's been plenty of those in the past!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We were at Disney a few weeks ago and apart from the mask-wearing, no car park trams and no Fast Passes, as far as we were concerned it was the same as every other time we've been. I'd go as far as suggesting that the absence of Fast Passes meant that on average we spent the same amount of time queuing for rides, just a bit longer on those that we would have had passes for and less for those that we wouldn't. No trams equalled a bit more walking in the car parks but that's just a few more steps than the 20,000+ we often do at the parks and you only wear face masks when indoors. I never noticed any staff shortages causing us issues there nor any lack of cleanliness.

If you go there with the attitude you're going to have a great time, I'm sure you will, but if people fear the worst and look to pick fault, then you're quite likely to less enjoy the planning and holiday itself.
SteveC is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Exactly my perspective!

Watch Dis Unplugged from the 16th. He’s actually considering not renewing his AP
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Listened to the latest episode today. He also said he is now leaning towards Universal over Disney, and singing their praises 😳 Couldn't believe my ears.

Ironically, I'm the other way. I had an awful experience with DCL, primarily *post-cruise* (the actual cruise itself was wonderful), that has put me off booking again.

Like Bozza said, after 2+ years years of no Disney, it will be beyond magical for me personally when I finally go back. No matter how different things are.

Even if Mickey personally grabs my wallet, Goofy punches me in the face, while Minnie steals my lunch... I'll still be overcome with joy 🤩😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Carys- View Post
I’ve got a trip booked in Jan/Feb (two adults) but I’ve been reading so much about staff shortages, bad customer service, dirty parks etc. I’m now considering canceling. I’m worried that it will be really disappointing compared to our previous trip as well as being way more expensive now. Does anyone think their staffing issues will have improved by next year? And if we delay until 2023, will things really have improved or is it never going to be the same? Just curious what others think here!
I'm currently reading quite a few daily blogs from (British) people there at the moment, and they're all loving life! It certainly looks magical to me.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List